Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2012, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hunter ICC issue

I do know that the ICC is no longer made, and has been replaced with the ICore. But I want to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Last tuesday I did a monthly walk thru at an HOA property, using my remote , and all was fine. I adjusted the duration and frequency on the controller as we are having one of the worst hot, dry, windy seasons ever. The controller was fine on Tuesday.

Got a call from the lawn company Thursday, 2 days later, asking me to check the system as the board called and said it was drying out. We, every yard is drying out right now, and they are on 3 day restrictions. Not the best system, and am proposing changing to MPs due to over stretched zones.
But anyway...

Got back there Friday, and part of the property was fine, and part was crispy. In two and a half days. Checked the controller, and it was only recognizing the first module with 8 stations, and not the other two modules with 12 more stations. Only showing 1-8, and then would loop back to 1 after advancing past 8. After going thru this for a while, and talking to Ewing manager, it finally recognized the other two modules again. The board doesn't have a lot of $$$ right now, and would prefer not to spring for a new controller, and my time to replace. But, I am pushing for them to do it. I cannot check it every day to see if it is operating properly during this horrible dry spell. Although I did go back today and it was fine. Anyone else have this issue before? Just curious.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Remove the mods, and clean the contacts. I dry eraser followed by a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. If that does not do the trick then a hard reset on the panel. Snug up the power connections as well.

I have not had that exact problem but I have seen Hunters do better after a reset.

The MP's are great retrofits but they also increase run time. I love the MP's but some times you have to consider that. It is also sometimes possible to run two stations at a time with MP's if going from sprays to MP's.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had 'em recognize modules that weren't there before.
You don't have a loaner controller that you can put up temporarily?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the ICC needs to be powered down before you put in the modules. Then power it back up so it recognizes the modules.

Although that doesn't explain why they are sporadically working. It would be a good idea to follow Duekster's suggestion cleaning the contacts.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I remember that "phantom modules" dealie, but nothing that actually affected operation.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The ICC has been acting funny lately, for the past 2 years or so. Recgnizing or not recognizing modules. i've also seen random programming errors and other out of the ordinary things.
A reset usually does the trick.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

seen the same thing with the pro c controller. two of them last year. had to replace the entire panel, but reused the snap in modules.

also had one only output on odd numbers stations on a pro c. i was still able to use the controller, and has worked fine like this for 3 years.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had one last week that the screen would freeze up while scrolling through the set station times.
Posted via Mobile Device