Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

No luck on a MZ6128ZT demo. Guess I am going to rule it out. Oh well. So at this point the plan is to get the Gravely 60" commercial demo. If it bangs out the 5acres real quick I will consider the 48" xl, if it takes a while I will consider the 60 hd. The Hustler is mostly out because the one I could afford is the sport which only comes with the ezt hydros. The next step up is 2k more.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
Well, the BobCat FastCat Pro 61" looks like nice machine.
http://www.bobcatturf.com/fastcat-pr...ing-mower.aspx
Too much money.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
Too much money.
I had no idea, but sort of suspected that. Too bad 'cause Bob's are decent machines.

I hear ya on the lousy Husq dealer. When was last mower hunting, my local Husq dealer only stocked a few WBs. Anytime I stopped in, he'd try to push his other, more expensive brand. If you admitted you werent intersted in buying a $9k unit, he'd find some reason to walk away from you. Come to think of it, he was also the Bob dealer and never had any of their ztrs either. Makes me wonder if dealers don't take on other brands just to limit the competition.

Since then, a small repair shop about 0.5 mile down the road became a Husq dealer, and has quickly become the area's best Husq dealer. If I had to replace my DC, I wouldn't hesitate to give them and Husq very serious consideration, despite being completely satisfied with my DC and its dealer.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I think I am going to follow the "Buy the Dealer" saying. The Gravely guys have been great to me and I have yet to hear a bad thing about a Gravely.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Need a 72"
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydebusa View Post
Need a 72"
I REALLY hope your wrong. Time will tell.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
No luck on a MZ6128ZT demo. Guess I am going to rule it out. Oh well. So at this point the plan is to get the Gravely 60" commercial demo. If it bangs out the 5acres real quick I will consider the 48" xl, if it takes a while I will consider the 60 hd. The Hustler is mostly out because the one I could afford is the sport which only comes with the ezt hydros. The next step up is 2k more.
My situation (moving to a three acre property next weekend) is very similar to yours, so have been watching this thread closely.

I drove a Gravely ZT HD 48" today, and I think I'm going for it!

1) It looks tough, substantial, and handles well. I like that the HD48 has the same engine (FR730v--the biggest in Kawasaki's FR line) and tire size as the 60.

2) It is more comfortable, with more leg room (I'm 6'3"), than the Hustler FasTrak, which was my other top choice.

3) The price is right compared to other mowers with similar features.

4) The dealer is adding the suspension kit under the seat for minimal $$.

I'm heading back to the dealer on Saturday to seal the deal, and I'll take delivery next weekend. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to mow the lawn!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Yawn View Post
My situation (moving to a three acre property next weekend) is very similar to yours, so have been watching this thread closely.

I drove a Gravely ZT HD 48" today, and I think I'm going for it!

1) It looks tough, substantial, and handles well. I like that the HD48 has the same engine (FR730v--the biggest in Kawasaki's FR line) and tire size as the 60.

2) It is more comfortable, with more leg room (I'm 6'3"), than the Hustler FasTrak, which was my other top choice.

3) The price is right compared to other mowers with similar features.

4) The dealer is adding the suspension kit under the seat for minimal $$.

I'm heading back to the dealer on Saturday to seal the deal, and I'll take delivery next weekend. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to mow the lawn!
Congrats! Suspension seat sounds like a good idea, mind saying what its adding?
Old 06-15-2012, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Congrats! Suspension seat sounds like a good idea, mind saying what its adding?
Not at all. So the dealer came down $100 from their "sale" price of $4999 (which is really the price that most dealers are advertising) on the HD48 itself to arrive at $4899, which is fair and matches quotations from other nearby dealers. Then I asked him to throw in the suspension seat kit, installed, for free; He said that he couldn't do that, that the retail price is about $250 (also true--quick google check) and that their margin on the sale is about $42. So I offered and he agreed to $5100 for the whole thing, suspension kit installed and mower delivered. I might have been able do haggle more, but oh well. He's a nice enough guy and I feel like I'm getting a pretty good deal.

Long story short, the suspension kid adds $200. It's the same suspension kit (but different seat) that is on the 100 and 200 commercial series, which I sat on and noted the difference. There is a fair amount of travel on the suspension, much more than the springs that come standard on the HD, and you can adjust for weight and ground conditions with a handy dial. Should smooth out the bumps a bit.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Yawn View Post
Not at all. So the dealer came down $100 from their "sale" price of $4999 (which is really the price that most dealers are advertising) on the HD48 itself to arrive at $4899, which is fair and matches quotations from other nearby dealers. Then I asked him to throw in the suspension seat kit, installed, for free; He said that he couldn't do that, that the retail price is about $250 (also true--quick google check) and that their margin on the sale is about $42. So I offered and he agreed to $5100 for the whole thing, suspension kit installed and mower delivered. I might have been able do haggle more, but oh well. He's a nice enough guy and I feel like I'm getting a pretty good deal.

Long story short, the suspension kid adds $200. It's the same suspension kit (but different seat) that is on the 100 and 200 commercial series, which I sat on and noted the difference. There is a fair amount of travel on the suspension, much more than the springs that come standard on the HD, and you can adjust for weight and ground conditions with a handy dial. Should smooth out the bumps a bit.
Great info. Thanks!