Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 PM
S&MLL S&MLL is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somerset County NJ
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Lighting View Post
Because halogen does not operate on DC power.

Im not loosing my mind haha. What kind of bulb is in your cars headlight!!!!!"
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
I have been doing demos for the past 2 nights and have one more tonight. I borrowed the vista lighting kit from jdl and it is a pain in the rear. I really don't have enough of those quick connect wires.

I have 6 led lights and I am going to try that tonight as well as a few from the jdl kit.

I think this 9v led may be the way to go with demo. More time to sell the customer and less time setting up and taking down. And possibly get home at 9 instead of 10.

Last night I was thinking about taking a picture of the house I was demo lighting and adding it to my portfolio even if they didn't do it! Good way to build a portfolio fast!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Zohan Zohan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 135
do yourself a favor, get some led lights and a few 9v batteries. I have a small demo kit (im not going to do a full lighting system as a demo) consisting of 5 or 6 kichler LED accent lights. Go to radio shack and get some 9v battery connectors/leads. Use heat shrink butt connectors and connect them to the fixture wire. I leave them with one side of the battery connected in a small case like this http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...t?q=paded+case
break it out and you are set up in 2 minutes
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
I bought 9 v batt pigtails at radio shack, and zip tied the battery to the stake and wire nutted leads to pigtail. Just unplug the pigtail when your done. I wish there was a compact 12 v battery, that would be perfect!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Zohan Zohan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 135
What do you mean a compact 9v battery?? They are approx. 1"x1", thats not compact enough?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM
LLC RI's Avatar
LLC RI LLC RI is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cranston, RI
Posts: 141
12 volt.. not 9 volt ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
What do you mean a compact 9v battery?? They are approx. 1"x1", thats not compact enough?
He said smaller 12 volt battery... not 9 volt. The 9 volt works, but 12 would be better.

As an option, you could get the alarm batteries which are 12 volt.. and rechargable and although not as small as a 9 volt, one battery could power up more than a few LED's.

Another option would be to get an AA battery holder and put 8 x AA batteries in it to make your own 12 volt packs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Zohan Zohan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 135
lol.....my bad...
but, i dont see why you would need any more than the 9volt...its very small, unless the 12 volt will give a much longer run time?
I wouldnt leave then in overnight anyway, just give the client a little taste....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
slowleak1 slowleak1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: harvey LA
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
I bought 9 v batt pigtails at radio shack, and zip tied the battery to the stake and wire nutted leads to pigtail. Just unplug the pigtail when your done. I wish there was a compact 12 v battery, that would be perfect!
Posted via Mobile Device
12 volt drill batteries, 12 volt ATV batteries, AA and button sized batteries.

The watch batteries could be stacked on top each other and wrapped nicely with electrical tape. AA's can be put in cases as said above. Drill batteries are a nice size but kind of odd shop. ATV batteries are bigger, but will last alot longer. Just got to be creative.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:34 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
lol.....my bad...
but, i dont see why you would need any more than the 9volt...its very small, unless the 12 volt will give a much longer run time?
I wouldnt leave then in overnight anyway, just give the client a little taste....
I "think" the leds are a little dim w 9 volts. I could be hallucinating though. I was comparing a volt led to a vista 20w bullet, but could have just been a difference in the manufacturers and halogen and led.

Not concerned w run time. Prob only have them on for an hour
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
12 volt drill batteries, 12 volt ATV batteries, AA and button sized batteries.

The watch batteries could be stacked on top each other and wrapped nicely with electrical tape. AA's can be put in cases as said above. Drill batteries are a nice size but kind of odd shop. ATV batteries are bigger, but will last alot longer. Just got to be creative.
Ok i gotcha. I think aa are only a few volts so it would take a few casings. 9 volt is prob best i can do for mobility
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.09452 seconds with 7 queries