Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone else have a John Deere s1200/1400/1600?

This is a thread for the s1200/1400/1600 owners and their experiences.

Cause I bought mine about 8 years ago, used and it has to be one of the baddest weed eaters on the planet! It starts first-second pull evrytime and save for me beating the bump head to death last year and it taking me 6 months to find a proper replacement has been perfect (the head braking was my fault,I simply bumped it too many times too hard and it just couldn't take anymore, so please don't blame the trimmer).

I bought a one year old poulan pro off of Craigslist for $20 that had a broken starter spring and replaced it. I figured I could fix it, use it till I got my Deeres bump head replaced then sell it and make a few bucks. Well I fixed it and when I used it the first time it was quite apparent it was no match for the s1400. The s1400 is a 30cc and the poulan is a 25cc "high output" (a joke I assume...). I really don't know how to descriptive the difference between the two but where the poulan is like a harley sportster 1200 the Deere is like a hayabusa! It seems/sounds like it revs twice as high and is just a beast!

I even ran this trimmer for 3 months (or three full tanks full) on straight gas! No oil. I ran out and just didn't really care.

So I have had no issues I can blame on the manufacturer and in my opinion the 1400 has more than enough power for a homeowner. Not sure what the 1600 has over mine but if more power/bigger motor is standard I couldn't imagine the need for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

No one else has one of these bad boys?
Posted via Mobile Device