Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i recently ordered a new carb for an older poulan chainsaw . the carb came with the new adjustment screws that need the special tool. fired up the saw-shure enough the low speed needed adjustment. i rebult the old carb .
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

OPEN YOUR EYES...
The USA is still the greatest and most powerful country ever to inhabit the planet...
We take for granted ...more freedoms and conveniences than most countries could hope for.,,,,These freedoms cost lives and money....lots of money...
The USA is a business with a great PR machine...and the brute force to back it up...
Under the guise of regulating and protecting us from stuff that can hurt us...The EPA has quietly created a niche economy , that creates alot of jobs and revenues ,trying to keep up with newer and newer enviromental standards...However...If your corporation has enough money to buy credits from more compliant companies...you can keep dumping your pollution as long as you afford it...

Nothing is perfect ...get over it...Try living in rural Mexico or China....
To do away with the EPA would change the landscape forever....not for the better..
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
OPEN YOUR EYES...
The USA is still the greatest and most powerful country ever to inhabit the planet...
We take for granted ...more freedoms and conveniences than most countries could hope for.,,,,These freedoms cost lives and money....lots of money...
The USA is a business with a great PR machine...and the brute force to back it up...
Under the guise of regulating and protecting us from stuff that can hurt us...The EPA has quietly created a niche economy , that creates alot of jobs and revenues ,trying to keep up with newer and newer enviromental standards...However...If your corporation has enough money to buy credits from more compliant companies...you can keep dumping your pollution as long as you afford it...

Nothing is perfect ...get over it...Try living in rural Mexico or China....
To do away with the EPA would change the landscape forever....not for the better..
I don't want to do away with it, just pull some of it's teeth. We seem to be a good job of exporting our jobs and pollution to 3rd world countries. I suppose we are consuming their resources too.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I don't want to do away with it, just pull some of it's teeth. We seem to be a good job of exporting our jobs and pollution to 3rd world countries. I suppose we are consuming their resources too.
The EPA is not an elected position...you cant vote them out...
If you had the chance to cut your labor costs by 80 % and substantially increase your profits...wouldn't you give it some thought......
Loyalty to a bunch of people that dont even send you a Christmas card...
Or...A new house on the beach in the Bahamas.....It's a tempting proposition..
And a really popular idea with the stockholders....

The EPA has given big business a good excuse to export their production facilities...These businesses then make obscene profits and donate tons of money to the candidates that made it look like the EPA was the bad guy...instead of them...Its knee jerk economics...It's how policies are initiated...The only way to get you to cozy up to a pig is to get rid of all the pleasant animals on the farm....leaving only the pig and the wolf....
You will be hard pressed to find any Government agency decision that didnt financially improve someones position...

The sooner you realize its all about money and power...
Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Why not just grind slots into the screw heads so you can adjust them with a normal screwdriver? Have also seen EPA carb screwdriver sets all over eBay for around $30 with four different types.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
The EPA is not an elected position...you cant vote them out...
If you had the chance to cut your labor costs by 80 % and substantially increase your profits...wouldn't you give it some thought......
Loyalty to a bunch of people that dont even send you a Christmas card...
Or...A new house on the beach in the Bahamas.....It's a tempting proposition..
And a really popular idea with the stockholders....

The EPA has given big business a good excuse to export their production facilities...These businesses then make obscene profits and donate tons of money to the candidates that made it look like the EPA was the bad guy...instead of them...Its knee jerk economics...It's how policies are initiated...The only way to get you to cozy up to a pig is to get rid of all the pleasant animals on the farm....leaving only the pig and the wolf....
You will be hard pressed to find any Government agency decision that didnt financially improve someones position...

The sooner you realize its all about money and power...
I am having a hard time reconciling your last two post?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I brought one from my dealer on a brown paper bag. Previous dealer couldn't get chainsaw adjusted properly and wouldn't sell me one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
Why not just grind slots into the screw heads so you can adjust them with a normal screwdriver? Have also seen EPA carb screwdriver sets all over eBay for around $30 with four different types.
Wow, Google has already indexed this thread / post ....
Old 06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I brought one from my dealer on a brown paper bag. Previous dealer couldn't get chainsaw adjusted properly and wouldn't sell me one
Posted via Mobile Device
And it looks like this, I presume?
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yup. Think it was like $14
Posted via Mobile Device