Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Need some help JD F620

So here's the story:

I bought an F620 with a 60" cut with a blown motor for 350. All appears to be in tact other than the motor which the previous person tore it down figuring out what was wrong before seeing the block was damaged beyond repair. Trying to get a new block and piecing it all back together is appearing to be more costly instead of getting a new motor and slapping it in there.

With that being said the motor that was in this one was a Kohler Command Pro 25. From what I have been finding online a majority of these came with the 20hp instead so 1. I am at a loss as to which is going to be the better route or why this one came with a 25hp motor 2. I am unable to find any clear documentation as to what the model number is to the engine that I need that will directly replace the current motor (as far as shaft size etc) and 3. I am trying to figure out if the HP is going to matter so part number for either engine would be very helpful.

If anyone can give me any info as far as the part numbers, some direction on where i can get this information in detail and it be concrete as well as pros/cons of the smaller vs the larger motor etc it would be greatly appreciated.