Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Please fix your ordering errors...

I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from you guys, but constantly get an ordering error and can't always use PayPal like I would like to do. I want it to come straight out of my bank account instead of having to pay off my credit card. I just tried to place a $303 order and got this same error I have gotten on several other occasions.

Quote:
ERROR: 10433 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. Please try again or contact us for assistance.
I tried fifty-eleven times and still get it.

Can we get a fix? I will try again tomorrow, but need to get the order placed asap. I also sent in an email, but since I have brought this up on two previous occasions I thought maybe it would be good to make it public since it appears to be an ongoing problem that apparently has not been addressed and/or fixed. Maybe the right person can finally nip it in the bud so we (assuming I ain't the only one that gets this error) don't have to continue to go through the same aggravation again.

SonnieP
Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

I want to thank you for your great prices and the coupon codes, but it is now three days later and still no response to my email or this thread?

However I did get an email from you:

Quote:
Mowpart.com
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 72621
Detailed Invoice: order_id=72621
Date Ordered: Thursday 21 June, 2012
------------------------------------------------------

The comments for your order are:

ONLY 72621 ONLY. You may have multiple orders. We have this order but no payment was made. If you need the part/s please place the order again. After the continue checkout button is clicked it takes you to the payment page. Please fill in that information

Your order has been updated to the following status: Canceled

With warm regards from your friends at Mowpart.com
I just tried to order again from a different computer (just to make sure it was not an issue with my office computer) and I get the same error:

ERROR: 10433 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. Please try again or contact us for assistance.

I suppose since I have exhausted all efforts to "try again" and contacting you by email and forum is fruitless, I will call you on Monday.

It must be nice to be so busy that you don't have time for customer service. Yet, I put up with it (and the slow shipping process) so I can get great prices.

Hopefully I am not being unreasonable.

SonnieP
Old 06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

After getting the error again this morning, I contacted Mowpart for assistance and explained the issue I was having trying to place the order using PayPal. The lady I spoke with stated that my email was the one that went to her junk box (I used their online form). Then after telling her I sent it 4 days ago... she exclaimed that she was thinking of a different email from someone else that had called about the same issue today. She then stated it was a PayPal error code and that I needed to contact PayPal. I contacted PayPal and they stated they have no such error code. I called Mowpart back and the same lady then told me that she believes it may not be a PayPal error code that it must be their error code, but she is not sure what to do about it. I asked her if there is someone that services their online ordering and she stated she would call them and for me to call back at 2:00PM to see if she has been able to contact them yet.

I went ahead and used my credit card for the order, but if someone ever does check this forum you should look into the issue and get on top of your customer service a little better. If I was the owner of Mowpart, I would be none to happy about someone having an issue trying to place and order with no response in four days and the customer having to make multiple phone calls to get it figured out.

Ironically... the email form I used online stated after I submitted my email that it was going to the owner of Mowpart.com ... so I guess that lady was the owner. Hmmmm. Maybe I am expecting too much from online ordering in this day and time.

SonnieP
Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I suppose low prices come at the cost of hit and miss customer service:

Not a lot of ratings, but inconsistent none the less.

FTR... I have had success using PayPal with Mowpart on a couple of occasions, and the same error code once before when I ended up using my credit card. The issue is not consistent with anything that I can put a finger on from my end.

As always... YMMV

SonnieP
Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Sponsor

order error

I apologize for the slow response. We just recently reopened this forum. and I am responsible for answering the questions posted here. I have been on vacation until today. No one was assigned to monitor the forum in my absence. We now have two people monitoring the forum.

I have researched this issue it appears to be an isolated incident as I have only seen it a couple of times. When we called paypal they told us the same thing they told you that it is not a paypal code. We are continuing to research this issue and hope to have it resolved quickly.

We have experienced a tremendous amount of growth and are training new personnel. We realize that this is frustrating and appreciate your patience and kind words.
"We are here to help"
Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response Russell and I appreciate your help.

SonnieP
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Sponsor

Paypal error

I just found these error code descriptions on the paypal site. The last code description states that the order description field is too long. I am wondering if you noticed anything funny about the order description field upon check out at the paypal site or our site.

I have sent these error descriptions to our paypal rep in hope that they can further clarify the problem.

Thanks!

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details
Value of Order Description has been truncated.

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
This transaction cannot be completed with PaymentAction of Order

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Value of OrderDescription element has been truncated.

OrderDescription field is too long; maximum length is 127. Warning only; API executes.

Here is a link to the paypal error code area if you would like to review it as well.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...nvp_errorcodes
"We are here to help"
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I did not notice anything about the description, but it may be too many items for PayPal to handle properly. I never got to the PayPal screen or site on this order, so I am not sure what it may have looked like. You might try to duplicate the order and see what happens.

SonnieP
Old 06-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Sponsor

error code

I am still unable to duplicate the error code. I have contacted paypal several times and they are unsure as to the cause of the error code. They do now admit it is their error code you are receiving. I have escalated the issue with Paypal. Hopefully they will respond soon with a clear explanation as to the cause of this error.

Thanks for your patience.
Russell
"We are here to help"
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I tried from 3 different computers on a couple of different IP addresses and service providers. Maybe they can figure it out.

Thanks for looking into it and escalating the issue.

SonnieP