Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

new to the biz in wisco

First off thanks to everyone for all the great info on here. Been readin for a while and just got set up and have learned a ton. Logo and paperwork stuff took longer than expected and spring came early so only handing out some cards and putting them up on some bulletin boards at Kwik Trip got 2 customers then lost the better of the 2 moved in with new bf and renting the house i mowed and they want to do it themselves. Averaging about 3 cards taken off each board every other week but still havent gotten calls. Gettin in the upcoming phone book and got a website as well that will be launched with the phone book so hope fall clean-ups gets me going need to get enough business so I can get out of this office and start building my business.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Where in Wisconsin ya at? I started part time 2 years ago and unto march I will be quiting my full time job. It takes time but be patient and do good work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I am in Appleton. Where are you? Congrats on going full time cant wait till I get to do the same. Hoping to get some snow removals this winter so I can get a part time job instead of my regular full time job and concentrate more on getting the business going. Thanks for the advice I do want to do quality work on a smaller scale rather than flying thru as many accts as I can.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I am in plainfield just south of point. There is a lot of good info on here. I would be lost without this site. But take it with a grain of salt. Maybe we can get together for breakfast sometime and bs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 19 in southeastern Wisconsin. Started late last year i have 10 lawn accounts and have been doing a bunch of landscaping jobs. Hope to make at least 25k for the summer. I'm going to Blackhawk tech in janesville to get a horticulture/landscape technician/degree.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

kinda know where your at i head over to rapids a lot to visit in laws. that would be cool to get together sometime. so i read this thread on the midwest section with a bunch of wi guys that did the breakfast thing but none of them have posted on it for a while. Learned a ton on here as well have gotten to the point where there are certain people that I either listen to almost all or almost none of what they say.

Good Work Ryan41 wish I would have done what you are doing 12 yrs ago. Scratch that b-day was yesterday make that 13 yrs ago.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Waukesha WI here. Good luck on your business ventures. 22 yrs old. 4th year in business. Broke 100 customers this year for mowing. Word of mouth is your best advertising...then comes yard signs!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do some work in the Waukesha area. What is your business name?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardworkswi View Post
kinda know where your at i head over to rapids a lot to visit in laws. that would be cool to get together sometime. so i read this thread on the midwest section with a bunch of wi guys that did the breakfast thing but none of them have posted on it for a while. Learned a ton on here as well have gotten to the point where there are certain people that I either listen to almost all or almost none of what they say.

Good Work Ryan41 wish I would have done what you are doing 12 yrs ago. Scratch that b-day was yesterday make that 13 yrs ago.

Thanks!! I really like starting my own business at such a young age. I hope by the time im 25 i will have a good solid business.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Mow & Go. how bout u ryan. you located outta waukesha? or surrounding areas