Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2003, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh and....

I don't think your customers care about efficiency, unless you do all services by the hour.

And do you mow with the JD floating deck as pictured in your avatar? if so, save your money and get something else. My old boss had one, it was like $1500 for a new tranny which is pronee to slipping, whatever you do don't run a sulky with it.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

kris, due to popular opinion I may just remove those pics..
ksland, I have heard the same about the font, but I am using it for the title and subtitles and can't seem to find anything to succesfully match it like in descriptions, etc.
Is it even possible to sell yourself too hard? LOL...thought that was the idea, to sell yourself.
What about the customer login page? Don't know what you mean about the coupon page, works fine for me click print and it prints just fine.
Client records will be updated once a week and I will edit their page to include that week's services, etc.
The prices given on the records page are NOT representative of actual services and prices.... let that be known. Although I will install one yard of mulch for $49.95. That's the going rate and that's fine with me. I have yet to see a job that was only one yard though...
I can take constructive critisism (sp?)
oh yes I did use spell check on most of the pages, I will run them all past it again soon.
effeciency.... well they should understand that effeciency equals less time to do which equals a good price. I was hoping they would understand that?

On the John Deere, yea that is what I was planning on using for this year, maybe next year I can upgrade to a hydro. But I like this one better than a belt drive, much stronger. No slip in the tranny here at about 460 hrs or so. The 14hp Kawasaki is going great guns as well. It pulls the sulky fine.
thanks,
Eric
Old 01-03-2003, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As for as the coupon.... Your company name block in the upper left has the bottom clipped out of the lettering.

Let me explain about selling yourself too much, what I mean is in each description you seem to be repeating yourself, mostly redundant statements from what I see.

Did you try that font two points downsized?

Good luck with the JD pulling a sulky, Just figured I would warn you. I know you don't want to hear it but they are worth a lot more while they move.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

ksland-
I still can't figure out what you mean on the coupon, it works fine for me on the page and when you print it.
I'm sorry, I still do not understand what you mean about repeating myself. I try to push the fact that you can expect quality, reliability, etc. with us, but I don't know exactly whatcha mean...
On the font, I could not get it like you wanted 2 sizes down so I just changed the font for the "body" parts. Maybe I should just use good ol' Times New Roman?
I know about the John Deere, but it's the only thing I can afford to run right now.. I don't really care if it only lasts me this year and falls apart because I will use the engine and deck for something else when the tranny blows. I don't have enough money to replace it right now and I need a truck pretty badly too so we'll see how the season goes. I do want to replace it as soon as possible even if it hasn't blown up first! LOL have to make due for a while. Sometimes you can't get anything out of used equipment anyway.. plus i would use it for parts, etc. no worries
Thanks,
Eric
Old 01-03-2003, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice Job!!!
I think I would shorten the desc. of each service. Maybe add a page before the desc. with a pic, then by clicking on the pic you get a detailed desc.

Just thought the descripions are a little long, don't want to lose your clients intrest.

Maybe try a smaller font where there is a lot of text.

Otherwise it looks great, good luck
Old 01-03-2003, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Re: Oh and....

Quote:
Originally posted by ksland
My old boss had one, it was like $1500 for a new tranny which is pronee to slipping, whatever you do don't run a sulky with it.
Mine was about 2 years old with about 400 hours when it started to slip. The dealer was aware of the problem and put an upgrade kit in for free. Didn't have any problems and sold it , 300 hours later.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 01-04-2003, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You had a 2 year warranty on a walk behind?
Old 01-05-2003, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Site is very good but do what ever you have to (beg, steel, cheat, lie, fight, and kick and scratch) to get better pics. Good Luck and happy new year to all
Old 01-05-2003, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think the pictures would be such a problem with maybe a different background? The green screen takes away from the green grass making it look less green. Maybe use some photo editing software to bring out the green in the grass? Not all but some are looking less than perfect. I think the lines look fine. I did notice you 86ed the fancy font for the description.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I really don't want to change the background of the page because it will screw up the whole page....any other ideas? oh the grass looks great compared to most around here?
thanks