Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2012, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Yeah but then you have no control as to what times the thing will be irrigating at. As I am sure that you know Kiril you can't irrigate during daylight hours in most cities. If you give it a window of 9:00PM to 6:00AM you're in much better shape. I thought that an irrigation scheduling whiz like you would be on top of that
"Most" cities? Not in these parts, at least not in "most" cities. Of course with all the water thieving going on by our SoCal brothers, some cities do occasionally see water restrictions, however most of the water restrictions that I have seen are water only on a given day of the week, which is f'n stoopid IMO.

Doesn't change the fact you can effectively have no restrictions on run times. But then I would have figured a RB REP would have know that.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
"Most" cities? Not in these parts, at least not in "most" cities. Of course with all the water thieving going on by our SoCal brothers, some cities do occasionally see water restrictions, however most of the water restrictions that I have seen are water only on a given day of the week, which is f'n stoopid IMO.

Doesn't change the fact you can effectively have no restrictions on run times. But then I would have figured a RB REP would have know that.
Well I don't know how they do things up there in Stockton or wherever you are dude but down here in Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Orange counties just about all of the local city governments have watering restrictions that don't allow for watering past 8:00 am unless there is somebody there on site running the water to service the system. A vast majority of the local city governments actually enforce the restrictions too. I know you find that hard to believe since we're stealing all of your water but it's true. I know people that have been fined for irrigating in the middle of the day. But since you ARE the all knowing then I guess whatever you say, vs what I actually know to be true, is correct!

P.S. The whole calling me a RB Rep thing is just old and lame now.... but if you want to continue to look stupid then have at it my friend
Old 06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK Dan, SoCal represents the entire country. Now that we have established that, what does all of this have to do with the OP's problem? His problem is too small a window. Remove the "window", problem solved.

And the REP thing .... it is what it is. You talk like a REP when it comes to RB. Stop, and I will stop calling you a REP.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Fine...... Set the window for all day.... Who cares if the system irrigates until 10:00 am. Good plan. Real professional. Glad you're here to tell us all how it's done Kiril!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Fine...... Set the window for all day.... Who cares if the system irrigates until 10:00 am. Good plan. Real professional. Glad you're here to tell us all how it's done Kiril!
Without knowing the site requirements Dan, you are pissing in the wind here. You have no idea how long his zones need to run, or how he has set the controller up. Furthermore, some sites will simply need to be watered outside "optimal" times ... certainly a big boy like yourself understands that. And finally, I have zero problems watering until 9:00 AM, or even 10 AM (or later in some cases, for example SDI). The evaporative losses at those hours are minimal. Feel free to check your CIMIS data to verify.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep.... You sure are right on..... I'm so glad that you're here to educate us Kiril...
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yep.... You sure are right on..... I'm so glad that you're here to educate us Kiril...
Happy to help you understand how to set a "no water window" on a SMT.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You need a water window for most places in Texas. Plus a water window is just being smart about optimal watering. I do agree it needs to be expanded. 3 hours seems very short. If so cal is a RB rep then I fit that definition as well. Along with being a rep for several other things.

As for CA water flows to money and power. Whining about that doesn't change things one iota. My guess is most of CA tax revenue comes from S. CA. Not sure I've heard whining about that.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Without knowing the site requirements Dan, you are pissing in the wind here. You have no idea how long his zones need to run, or how he has set the controller up. Furthermore, some sites will simply need to be watered outside "optimal" times ... certainly a big boy like yourself understands that. And finally, I have zero problems watering until 9:00 AM, or even 10 AM (or later in some cases, for example SDI). The evaporative losses at those hours are minimal. Feel free to check your CIMIS data to verify.
One could easily argue that without knowing the site requirements and local governmental regulations that you too are pissing in the wind with your recommendation of a 24 hour water window. Just because YOU think it's ok to have a 24 hour water window doesn't mean that it's recommended or even allowed for the original posters situation.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

the controller would work better with a pigtail installed on it