Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 PM
greenmonster304's Avatar
greenmonster304 greenmonster304 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: You Know
Posts: 2,538
It's funny/sad when I talk to some of my friends who are in irrigation as well about nozzling for matched rates. They look at me cross eyed when I tell them you are not supposed to put 3 gpm nozzles in every head.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:50 AM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,794
That means they never got training, and are morons......NOT PROFESSIONALS!

I wish here u had yo get a license and take a test for irrigation,i think it is coming.....there is a program certification but not state sanctioned, just kc area thing
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
That means they never got training, and are morons......NOT PROFESSIONALS!

I wish here u had yo get a license and take a test for irrigation,i think it is coming.....there is a program certification but not state sanctioned, just kc area thing
Then most people in this industry are morons.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 AM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
It's funny/sad when I talk to some of my friends who are in irrigation as well about nozzling for matched rates. They look at me cross eyed when I tell them you are not supposed to put 3 gpm nozzles in every head.
Posted via Mobile Device
TomTom texted be the other day, as he was going to a job where another company had replaced all the heads. Now all the heads were "spraying everywhere". When he got there, all the PGPs were #9 nozzles
Not sure why the other company wasn't going back.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
irrig8r irrig8r is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
If the PGP guts don't fit the Orbits, retro them with RB 5000 w/MPR nozzles if you've got different arcs on the same zone.
The Rain Bird heads would have been my first choice if this was an install.

Since it's a retrofit on a budget, I'll see if I can swap out the guts on any that leak around the wiper seal.

Did a test late yesterday and the red nozzles are a perfect fit. I also have some of the blues though. Not sure if they'll give better coverage or not. I'll look at the charts.

Fortunately, only about a dozen heads need attention. The rest should respond to some tweaks of the radius adjustment screw. They seem to be throttled down too much.

The big plus is today should be 15 to 20 degrees cooler than yesterday, back down in the mid 70s.
__________________
Landscaper. Irrigator. Illuminator. Music lover. Coffee drinker.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
The big plus is today should be 15 to 20 degrees cooler than yesterday, back down in the mid 70s.
Screw you bay boy.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,794
Yes sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Then most people in this industry are morons.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 PM
irritation's Avatar
irritation irritation is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Know your clients, you can be a moron or anal in the same day.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Mdirrigation Mdirrigation is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,450
I had a brand new orbit and a brand new hunter pgp about 10 years ago , when I looked they both had the exact same patent number on the bottom . They were the same head , same adjustment key .
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdirrigation View Post
I had a brand new orbit and a brand new hunter pgp about 10 years ago , when I looked they both had the exact same patent number on the bottom . They were the same head , same adjustment key .
So, is it possible to just change-out the guts and enter a PGP?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.07864 seconds with 7 queries