Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

So it all starts with a dream and lots of ambition

Hello I'm from NC. I'm 23 yrs old and I just graduated from college with my associates degree in Operations Management. I've been working for Caterpillar Inc. for almost six yrs now and its been my first and only job. When I was in high school I used to work for a local landscape contractor for the summers and I always thought I could start my own business one day in landscaping. I've been researching for about six months on what I need to start my business legally and try to do it and the best way and most lean way. I've been saving up money to buy my truck and all my equipment in cash to eliminate most of my overhead. I plan on buying a truck within a month and all my equipment by next February. The only thing I'm not 100% is if this is the right thing to do. The reason why I say that is that I have a nice paying job with great benefits for my family as I have a 5 yr old daughter and I recently got married. I dont plan on quitting my job for this dream of my but I don't know what I will do if I start the business from bottom and it becomes successful.