Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You are correct that everyone has a 751 key. Might be worth swiching out the locks, although if someone is really bent on destruction, they'll find a way. Just make it harder for them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

One of my guys got into it with a landscape install crew for some damn reason and they did an interesting fu*k-over to us: cut all the commons at the manifolds and shoved the wires back into the King blues, so I had no clue what was going on when I showed up, pissed. Took me about an hour of scratching my head, since the system worked "yesterday". It was only luck that made me wiggle the commons in one box and had them pull out. Needless to say, the rest of the job was tense.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
One of my guys got into it with a landscape install crew for some damn reason and they did an interesting fu*k-over to us: cut all the commons at the manifolds and shoved the wires back into the King blues, so I had no clue what was going on when I showed up, pissed. Took me about an hour of scratching my head, since the system worked "yesterday". It was only luck that made me wiggle the commons in one box and had them pull out. Needless to say, the rest of the job was tense.
Rye grass in the beds.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can foresee an increase in ryegrass sales
Old 06-22-2012, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I can foresee an increase in ryegrass sales
Pre-emergent too. Particularly on new accounts.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Rye grass in the beds.
Bermuda or bind weed would be even better.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Bermuda or bind weed would be even better.
Up here we have "Horsetail"
Old 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have to say, I never acted on it, nor would I condone it but a friend of mine suggested a drive-by with Roundup in water balloons for a client that didn't pay where the amount wasn't enough to bother taking him to court.

It's a satisfying fantasy scenario though.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
I have to say, I never acted on it, nor would I condone it, but a friend of mine suggested
Me neither but I have been the victim of it.

Wait, there was one time.

I was in the water treatment industry. I was on a roof and installed my chemical feed system for the cooling tower. It was so hot, I just about died up there on the roof. Red Ozone day and all. I went back a week later to start up the equipment. I found my equipment ripped off the wall and the PVC water sample loop broken.

In it's place was a control box for an energy management system. I placed my equipment over in a new location, it would have worked for the control box too.

I looked in the control box and took some of the 22 ga wire and worked it back and forth about 6" from the terminal until it broke. I do not feel bad for it as the guy earned it.

For the most part I live and let live but have been known to get caught up in the moment.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Me neither but I have been the victim of it.

Wait, there was one time.

I was in the water treatment industry. I was on a roof and installed my chemical feed system for the cooling tower. It was so hot, I just about died up there on the roof. Red Ozone day and all. I went back a week later to start up the equipment. I found my equipment ripped off the wall and the PVC water sample loop broken.

In it's place was a control box for an energy management system. I placed my equipment over in a new location, it would have worked for the control box too.

I looked in the control box and took some of the 22 ga wire and worked it back and forth about 6" from the terminal until it broke. I do not feel bad for it as the guy earned it.

For the most part I live and let live but have been known to get caught up in the moment.
I would have been ripping someone a new ass and then charged them 3 times normal rate to replace what they had ripped out. Having to do things twice really pisses me off.