Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosedog View Post
Well you already know that you make a lot more than 10 per hour when you have your own customers.I would try to get enough lawns so you can drop one of your jobs.You don't have to do this the rest of your life,but for now (your body can take the abuse) why not make as much $ as you can, and be your own boss.
As far as making more money,the best way I know is by investing in the stock market.It takes money to make money,if you have a few grand take it out of the bank and open a Scottrade account.I'm following just one stock now AGNC,it pays a quarterly dividend of $1.25 per share ($500 per year for $100 shares) currently trading at 32.70 per share.If they do an SPO within the next week,it will drop the PPS to 31.70ish;that's the time to buy. I bought 900 shares last SPO and sold out before dividend Ex date for a $3,726 profit.(you can also lose money,but for now these REITS are safe.)
There are a lot of mortgage REITS( real estate investment trusts) that pay high dividends (12%-16%) MTGE,ANLY to name a few.The time to buy them is now,when the fed starts raising interest rates,those huge dividends will shrink.

Funny you say stock market. My mom is an investment banker, some of the people who she works for are worth over 100 million dollars. That is exactly why I want to go into that trade. You work a lot less, no "handwork" unlike landscaping, and the profit margins are much higher. Im hoping to make a few grand before high school is over and invest it in her fund. Last year the funds returns was 13% which is considered unheard of in this market. check out the website http://www.kinderhookcapitalmanagement.com/
some real profits can be made in the stock market

-16 years old
-3 account
-21" 4hp craftsman lawnmower
-Redmax ebz7001 blower
-Troy Bilt 33cc- combi hedger and string trimemr
-Poulan 28cc hedge trimmer
-Troy-bilt 7hp pressure washer 3100psi
-Craftsman edger
-8hp Murray snowblower
-5.5hp craftsman snowblower
(sorta in the market for a 32in mower for under $800 Pm if you have anything)
Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most kids your age are partying and trying to impress their friends with bling.It's good that you have your focus on more long term goals.Your mom's fund looks like a good place to invest if you want someone else to invest for you,but I avoid having fees taken out by managing my own account(I do have a managed account with Valic)but I like to play the market.Other REITS that pay good dividends are CYS 14.8 %,RSO 14.6%,NCT 13%,and my favorite AGNC 15.5%. You can make $ buying and holding or buy at SPO and sell after it runs up to the Ex date.I'm learning about options where you can buy calls or puts on lots of 100 shares(each option is worth 100 shares)I just put $1000 into an option express account,and am going to start playing with that.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

You could always manwhore.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosedog View Post
Most kids your age are partying and trying to impress their friends with bling.It's good that you have your focus on more long term goals.Your mom's fund looks like a good place to invest if you want someone else to invest for you,but I avoid having fees taken out by managing my own account(I do have a managed account with Valic)but I like to play the market.Other REITS that pay good dividends are CYS 14.8 %,RSO 14.6%,NCT 13%,and my favorite AGNC 15.5%. You can make $ buying and holding or buy at SPO and sell after it runs up to the Ex date.I'm learning about options where you can buy calls or puts on lots of 100 shares(each option is worth 100 shares)I just put $1000 into an option express account,and am going to start playing with that.
Sounds interesting. because my mom is employed there they don't take management fees, and unlike other people who invest my mom has the ability to take out money whenever she needs. Its quite interesting playing the stock market.

-16 years old
-3 account
-Redmax ebz7001 blower
-Craftsman edger
-8hp Murray snowblower
Old 06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Whose dog where are you from northern NJ, I am from the paramus area

-16 years old
-3 account
-Redmax ebz7001 blower
-Craftsman edger
-8hp Murray snowblower