Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:09 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 2,975
hunter arc adjustment

Tried to adjust my irrigation heads at my house. I've got a mix of rotor irrigation heads some are hunter and the others are rain bird(i think). I can adjust the arc of the non hunter models by a screw, but I need a hunter tool to adjust the arc on the hunter models.

Is there a certain hex wrench that I can use? Should I just replace the few hunters with a different model?
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,051
try a 1/4-inch screwdriver
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Tried to adjust my irrigation heads at my house. I've got a mix of rotor irrigation heads some are hunter and the others are rain bird(i think). I can adjust the arc of the non hunter models by a screw, but I need a hunter tool to adjust the arc on the hunter models.

Is there a certain hex wrench that I can use? Should I just replace the few hunters with a different model?
Do a search for the Irritool. All the adjustment tools in one folding holder. Put pigtails in with your search as well. Irritool and pigtails
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Bigred350 Bigred350 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florence,AL
Posts: 677
Its a allen head. Couldnt tell you what size because im sitting in my recliner and not in my truck right now.

I usually dig them up and put a rainbird head in..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,358
The wholesale houses here give the arc adjusting tool to customers for FREE. I have a bunch of them in the shop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 2,975
No irrigation supply stores here. I may go to lowes and see why type rain bird heads they have. Then I should be able to fix/repair them as lowes should have the parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred350 View Post
Its a allen head. Couldnt tell you what size because im sitting in my recliner and not in my truck right now.

I usually dig them up and put a rainbird head in..
Ah big red how goes it. I still have nightmare visions of your copperhead bite.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:00 AM
cjohn2000's Avatar
cjohn2000 cjohn2000 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
No irrigation supply stores here. I may go to lowes and see why type rain bird heads they have. Then I should be able to fix/repair them as lowes should have the parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
While I was on vacation I wandered into a Home Depot. Rainbird now sells the 5000 there and Toro sells their new soil moisture sensor along with their stream nozzle.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
No irrigation supply stores here. I may go to lowes and see why type rain bird heads they have. Then I should be able to fix/repair them as lowes should have the parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
what part of "try a 1/4-inch screwdriver" don't you understand? - you need the Hunter tool to lift a head, but a flat-blade screwdriver is just fine for adjusting arc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-06-2012, 05:46 AM
AI Inc's Avatar
AI Inc AI Inc is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 20,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
what part of "try a 1/4-inch screwdriver" don't you understand? - you need the Hunter tool to lift a head, but a flat-blade screwdriver is just fine for adjusting arc
what he said. Even those of us with 30 keys in each truck use a screwdriver on older heads that may be somewhat clogged.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.08141 seconds with 9 queries