Register free!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol!

So this guy just calls to ask about an install. Go through the basic information and general range of starting costs for doing that and he says, "Wow, that's a little expensive. Can I take this with me when I move?"

LOL, I just don't know what to say to that...
Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Answer: You sure can, in the form of cash from the increase in value to your property.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thread should be titled "S*#% my Customers Say"
I know it's not a customer yet, but you get the idea.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I did a consultation with a potential customer and could tell he wasn't looking to spend a lot so I through a ballpark number at him to gauge his reaction before I invested any time in the design. He came back with something along the line of "I don't need anything to efficient, I just don't have the time to sit around and wait between moving the sprinklers around, how about you come buy a few times a week to water the lawn and move the sprinklers for me?" I laughed and said "sure we can do that, our service rate is $120 an hour, it will take about 3 hours a day 3-4 days a week to properly water your lawn"
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
I did a consultation with a potential customer and could tell he wasn't looking to spend a lot so I through a ballpark number at him to gauge his reaction before I invested any time in the design. He came back with something along the line of "I don't need anything to efficient, I just don't have the time to sit around and wait between moving the sprinklers around, how about you come buy a few times a week to water the lawn and move the sprinklers for me?" I laughed and said "sure we can do that, our service rate is $120 an hour, it will take about 3 hours a day 3-4 days a week to properly water your lawn"
I'd be all over that. Sit outside with some margaritas one day, sit around with some cold beers another day, watching the sprinklers work. I could do all my calling and scheduling while on site, waiting to move the sprinklers around
Old 06-26-2012, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
So this guy just calls to ask about an install. Go through the basic information and general range of starting costs for doing that and he says, "Wow, that's a little expensive. Can I take this with me when I move?"

LOL, I just don't know what to say to that...
My brother did that with a nice FXL lighting system I installed at his house in the Hollywood Hills.

I said "WTF?" and he replied that he didn't get his asking price for the house and "They've never even seen it at night."