Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-29-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Man, for all the criticism Florida gets on this board, we have had rain the last 6 weeks consistently and temps b/t 85-90....how you like them apples?
Posted via Mobile Device
LOL!

I was in Florida once as a kid and I swore I'd never go back due to the miserable heat and humidity.

Maybe I should book a flight?!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

103 today at 4. Luckily, we've been leaving the shop at 6:30 lately and get stop by 4.

Suppose to be hotter this weekend. I'm reminding my customers to add some time to their irrigation system's schedules.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 06-30-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here. I took this around 2pm today while parked in the shade of a large tree...

Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
LOL!

I was in Florida once as a kid and I swore I'd never go back due to the miserable heat and humidity.

Maybe I should book a flight?!!
Well, it's still hot and humid, but apparently not as bad as the rest of the country...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-30-2012, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's supposed to be 101 tomorrow. I have the joy of mowing 14 lawns, and cleaning out a flower bed. What fun.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

it was around 104-105 yesterday here. the thing is i can't notice a difference once it gets over 95. after that it's just hot. should be over 95 from now until the end of august. man if it's 105 now in late june then august is gonna be like 125 degrees. lol

i have noticed one thing though. i haven't even seen another lawn company out there this week. i guess they all gave up since it's too hot. it's not that bad i just drink about 3-4 bottled waters and a 32oz gatorade to make it through the day.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
i have noticed one thing though. i haven't even seen another lawn company out there this week. i guess they all gave up since it's too hot. it's not that bad i just drink about 3-4 bottled waters and a 32oz gatorade to make it through the day.
I've only noticed the pros out too. The amateurs and part timers are laying low.
My next door neighbor has a fire fighter buddy of his cut his grass. They were expecting him yesterday because he comes every 2 weeks and they picked up their yard. He was no where to be seen yesterday and probably won't be here today since it's supposed to be even hotter. Puss.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I've only noticed the pros out too. The amateurs and part timers are laying low.
My next door neighbor has a fire fighter buddy of his cut his grass. They were expecting him yesterday because he comes every 2 weeks and they picked up their yard. He was no where to be seen yesterday and probably won't be here today since it's supposed to be even hotter. Puss.
I have 3 clients on a very busy road that connects two neighborhoods that are saturated with decent paying lawns. I usually see a ton of LCOs driving by as I am mowing - both "pros" and guys with mowers in the bed. Yesterday, I think I saw TWO.

There isn't anything to cut here - pro or not.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I have 3 clients on a very busy road that connects two neighborhoods that are saturated with decent paying lawns. I usually see a ton of LCOs driving by as I am mowing - both "pros" and guys with mowers in the bed. Yesterday, I think I saw TWO.

There isn't anything to cut here - pro or not.
I know the feeling. I havent cut anything. I barely cut last week and this week I am not cutting anything. But yet I still see people out running around with their mowers and stuff and I wonder what they are cutting. But than again I think well I guess they are the type of people that will cut anyones yard even if it needs it or not just so they can get their money. There are people out there that do this. I remember my friend doing this and I wondered why would you mow just to get the money and piss off the customer. Some of us actually respect our clients and want to keep them long term. I am the type of person knowing the conditions of the weather there is no way I am going to mow when all I will do is leave tire marks in their already dead grass. Just walking in the grass here is breaking it. All I do is walk through it and I am kicking it up into my shoes, it is so dead.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I am guess what you would call a amature with only since I only mow about 15 lawns a week, but I was out full force today with the temps reaching 102 degrees. I haven't seen heat like this in a long time.