Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cuban cigars, hot coco for snowplowing, oil, mowers, trimmers, one customer gave me five commercial properties and his daughter lawn and both his houses.. About ten 3x5 anti fatigue mats, one customer wanted to sell a boat to me but I just don't have the room for it.
Ya I've got some pretty cool customers!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've gotten the usual, old mowers, birthday cakes, waters, foods and Christmas bonuses. My buddy Craig, he got the Mac Daddy of all gifts from one of his customers. He had this old lady that he serviced. He even did little odds and ends around her house for her since she lived all alone and didn't have any relatives. When she passed on he was invited to the reading of the will by the executors of the will. She had left Craig everything but what the lawyer got. The house, car, bank accounts. Everything.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

customer gave me a like new murry rider .
Old 07-02-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I have ONE guy also that brings me out an ice cold (6oz?) water every time, had one customer ask me to get rid of 2 'junk' adirondak chairs, I repainted them, and still have them on my deck.
One guy when he's home gives me an ice cold bud.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I've gotten the usual, old mowers, birthday cakes, waters, foods and Christmas bonuses. My buddy Craig, he got the Mac Daddy of all gifts from one of his customers. He had this old lady that he serviced. He even did little odds and ends around her house for her since she lived all alone and didn't have any relatives. When she passed on he was invited to the reading of the will by the executors of the will. She had left Craig everything but what the lawyer got. The house, car, bank accounts. Everything.
Wow, that is just plain awesome
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-02-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Yeah, I know a very similar story. Same deal guy helped a old lady with no family, and when she passed she gave him a brand new car that had never even been rained on.

My customers have given me at least $300 in scrap and a old leaf blower that I fixed and sold.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

One customer gave me a check for $100 for christmas one year. And my neighbor will give me water sometimes.
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!

Brotherhood 2000 plus fourteen
"The real lawn care Jesus"
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

last year I was given a "tip" of $15000.00 , I got a cottage ready for sale and he had a bidding war because of the very nice cedar deck and dock I built him ,he got an extra $30,000 over his asking price .
Old 07-02-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

One of my customers gave me a pair of boots a few weeks ago. Usually get an occasional water here and there. A friend of mine also in the business was willed one of his customers tools (hand/power tools, generator, snow blower).

2006 GMC 2500 HD - SLT 6.0
2012 6x12 Moritz DL Series Dump
Exmark Metro 26
YardMan 21
Echo PAS 266
Echo Pro-Paddle
Echo String Trimmer
Ariens 1328 Pro
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I got an old wheelbarrow years ago from a man who's yard I cut while in college. I have used it to mix concrete in for years. In fact I just put new handles on it last year. I have mixed concrete on numerous carpentry projects with that old wheelbarrow! The man who gave it to me is long since gone but I wish I could tell him THANKS for all the good I have gotten out of that old piece of equipment!!