Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-01-2011, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

RSK Property Maintenance pics

it's from last year, and I believe I got my lawn down to 3.25 which is challenge, because it needs to be cut every other day to keep it at that height without making a mess. right now it needs to be cut every 2 days otherwise its a mess and that's at 3 3/4

here's one from today the diagonals strips are the most recent, pretty defined for no striper kit imo.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

were in ct are you?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post

it's from last year, and I believe I got my lawn down to 3.25 which is challenge, because it needs to be cut every other day to keep it at that height without making a mess. right now it needs to be cut every 2 days otherwise its a mess and that's at 3 3/4

here's one from today the diagonals strips are the most recent, pretty defined for no striper kit imo.
Why are you cutting that first lawn every other day? Is it your own personal lawn or a customers?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yah its my personal lawn. I like to keep it looking good as a lot of customers drive by my house.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great,nice stripes!
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah man looks great. Every LCO should have a "nice" lawn or at least keep it up.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brothersyardcare View Post
were in ct are you?
manchester.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys, I was out today doing a small clean up took 1.5hrs with 2 guys total and I was on the mower cutting this mess of a yard, which had not been cut this year, and was quite overgrown. and then I dropped the mower and trailer off at home which was on the way to the next job where I had to rip out about 250 sq ft. of pachysandra and got that done in 2.5hrs. and between both jobs I made about 400 not bad for a half day on sunday.

the pachysandra was a pain at first, because I had never torn any of this up before but after the first 3x30 section was done we had pretty good system which included edging the areas that were being removed with a flat shovel, then peeling up the rest with a 12" metal dirt rake, and pulling by hand to roll it up like a carpet, then when the roll was big enough we would take a pry bar about 4ft long made of thick cast iron, and pierced the roll the short way and two people would lift this up into a wheel barrow, and for the rolls that were 2ft tall and too heavy to lift we just left the pierced pry bar in the roll, and attached a short tow strap, to make a u shape then put another pry bar in that and twist it twice so it doesn't move and you have a sturdy handle where three people can drag a huge roll of pachysandra into the woods or whatever.

sorry for the long post, I just figured if someone in the future that has to tear out some pachysandra by hand might want a few tips. I'll take some pics of the lawn tomorrow, which I'm now cutting bi-weekly, because the lady was so happy with the way her lawn looked, and this one is on the way to one lawn I have in tolland and possibly a second all bi-weekly for now.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
Thanks guys, I was out today doing a small clean up took 1.5hrs with 2 guys total and I was on the mower cutting this mess of a yard, which had not been cut this year, and was quite overgrown. and then I dropped the mower and trailer off at home which was on the way to the next job where I had to rip out about 250 sq ft. of pachysandra and got that done in 2.5hrs. and between both jobs I made about 400 not bad for a half day on sunday.

the pachysandra was a pain at first, because I had never torn any of this up before but after the first 3x30 section was done we had pretty good system which included edging the areas that were being removed with a flat shovel, then peeling up the rest with a 12" metal dirt rake, and pulling by hand to roll it up like a carpet, then when the roll was big enough we would take a pry bar about 4ft long made of thick cast iron, and pierced the roll the short way and two people would lift this up into a wheel barrow, and for the rolls that were 2ft tall and too heavy to lift we just left the pierced pry bar in the roll, and attached a short tow strap, to make a u shape then put another pry bar in that and twist it twice so it doesn't move and you have a sturdy handle where three people can drag a huge roll of pachysandra into the woods or whatever.

sorry for the long post, I just figured if someone in the future that has to tear out some pachysandra by hand might want a few tips. I'll take some pics of the lawn tomorrow, which I'm now cutting bi-weekly, because the lady was so happy with the way her lawn looked, and this one is on the way to one lawn I have in tolland and possibly a second all bi-weekly for now.

Yeah pachysandra is not fun to remove and sounds like the way you removed it was a good way, I'll have to try that. How I normally remove it that works well is edging out an area with my edger and then going in with a metal rake and ripping it out. That always seems to work well for me.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

here was the lawn i did a clean up on, and now cut bi-weekly and here's the dump truck I use for any projects

here's a front shot of my house, put some vertical stripes in and got it down to 3.5 needs some mulch now, but it takes close to 30yards with the beds on the side and the back.

here's my truck that is used for the mowing.

the 05 tiger cub I bought new. still looks the same with almost 700hrs on it, works just as good as it did from day 1.

Last edited by RSK Property Maintenance; 05-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.