Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Worldlawn Cobra ZTR

I went to look at some Toro and possibly Bobcats, but only to find the dealer now sales Worldlawn instead of Toro. My initial impression was whose mower did they put stickers on. The dealer (owned and run by 2 brothers) has been selling them for the last 4 years with virtually no issues. The specs seem good. 7 gauge deck, Kawasaki FX, Hydro gear 10cc pumps...appears to be similar to a Toro....quoted me a price of $6299. Even the dealer thought they must have bought some patents from Toro (which the dealer once sold). Even mentioned some parts were interchangable. Specs are good for the price. Curious if anyone had any experiene with them.

Last but not least I am not looking for any of that buy American or its Chinese or whatever. My family owns 2 Toyotas. One manufactured in KY and the other in TX.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well they ar for the most part made in China, I have a Yuchai mini excavator that is completely made in China and is a excellent machine, the downside its extremely difficult to get parts for it.

Worldlawn equiptment is overpriced, the 6200$ for the mower you want is likley about 1500$ less than a Toro. The worldlawn stuff will not have any resale value at all, while the Toro will.

I paid 9000$ for my chinese excavator, while the bobcat or yanmer were 27000$ so to me it was worth the risk and it has paid out.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I am not worried about resale. I believe they have actually set up a manufacturing site in Nebraska. The dealer said they have been selling them for about 4 years and only replaced one belt, but that was due to a guy running over his son's BB gun.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I have sole Worldlawn to over 300 people with very few problems.
The engine and transmission ar the same as others commercial products so you should have no problem
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I was really surprised by the pricing. I am still looking at mowers but based off specs alone it looks like a winner. One thing that is concerning me is the dealer. They talked about how they carried different brands at various times and then quit. Did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2012, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Member

If you need references , your dealer should be able to provide you with many satisfied clients. You will be happy.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

They were able to give me some names that live near me. Said a few of them were using the mowers to mow commercially.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

hey antv...are you in nebraska? i think i know the dealer that you got your mower from...i bought one of the smaller 28" worldlawn mowers because for residential use it is great. fits through every gate and leaves a nice cut. they aren't the best mower in the world and there are some cheap parts on them that will break down every now and then but for the price you just cant beat them. i could have got about 4 or 5 of these mowers compared to one exmark, toro, or wright stander which is what i wanted. i am very impressed by these mowers and might get a few more if they last the whole season. bought mine in april and so far so good...i use it for about 50 residential lawns a week.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Not in Nebraska, I am in Kentucky. The zero turns look like they are built well. More interested if anyone has any experience with them. I have not bought anything yet.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

All I can say is to call references given to you by your local dealer and I promise you will receive good marks