Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna 326LS trimmer head?

I am wondering which trimmer head comes with the 326LS. I did have a 323L but didn't like the exhaust blowing on my arm (I saw it as a poor design and pretty darn annoying), so the dealer reluctantly upgraded me to a 326LS, which doesn't have the vent cut-out on top of the machine. He switched the guards out and am wondering if he swithed the heads out also. Husqvarna's website specifications states that the 323L comes with a T35 and the 326LS with a T35x. How can I tell the difference? It mentions something about ballbearings. I don't see any ball bearings in the head I have. Also, the T35x is supposed to feed automatically when I keep the head pushed against the ground. Where would the ball bearings be? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Archer View Post
I am wondering which trimmer head comes with the 326LS. I did have a 323L but didn't like the exhaust blowing on my arm (I saw it as a poor design and pretty darn annoying), so the dealer reluctantly upgraded me to a 326LS, which doesn't have the vent cut-out on top of the machine. He switched the guards out and am wondering if he swithed the heads out also. Husqvarna's website specifications states that the 323L comes with a T35 and the 326LS with a T35x. How can I tell the difference? It mentions something about ballbearings. I don't see any ball bearings in the head I have. Also, the T35x is supposed to feed automatically when I keep the head pushed against the ground. Where would the ball bearings be? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
My guess is ya got several loose ones rollin' around in yer head!!!!

......AMF!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Take it back and buy a Stihl FS80R......
Time to load the smoker....Happy 4th...
Good to have you back ...Fish...I ll save you some ribs...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Two the two posters...

@BigFish--I remember several years ago a fellow that used to be on this site, or maybe still is under a different name, well, nobody could stand him, because he was a legend in his own mind and was a online troll. He was to us that need help as a noxious weed is to the lawn--thanks for the help BigFish. @Piston slapper--The best sound in the world would be to hear the machine you speak of being put through a grinder and reduced to metal and plastic dust. When I owned the brand of machine you speak of I had the company on speed-dial, as it was common for me to have a problematic/dead machine in my hands while in the middle of a job. I had nothing but issues with that brand and will never go with that brand again. You were of no help to me by recommending a substandard machine to a superior one that I now own--and over a trimmer head question? Do you have CTE? That brand you speak of is loud, heavy, unbalanced, had a terrible trigger mechanism, has a ridiculous trimmer-head setup, the list goes on...You two have a splendid 4th.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanx ....Dave...sorry I couldn't be more helpful..
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday.....
Btw...I have over 40 stihl units about 5 years old...in service everyday of the week...other than an occasional broken rope or bad coil...the guys just can't kill them...
Its not the trimmer....its the mechanic....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

That 80 you speak of...

Is it 2 stroke, or 4 stroke? As far as the mechanic statement, if I had just a little more knowledge, I could assemble another universe. Every service shop that I have spoken with, other than said product partials, frown upon 4 stroke/4mix, whatever one wants to call it. Valves in a trimmer make absolutely zero sense. It has been said that one should choose the lightest trimmer possible--that would eliminate the orange creature feature.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have both...the 4 mixes are easier to mantain than the 2 strokes...
I...in no way meant to knock your mechanical abilities...I was simply stating that too many people that call themselves mechanics are booksmart...until you've been inside thousands of engines ....you won't necessarily see the whole trimmer at the same time..being familiar with all the issues that are unique to a particular piece of equpment...and correcting them before they become a problem...
All equipment breaks sooner or later...the older stuff seems to hold up better.
If you want a light trimmer...you don't want a Stihl...

Fish....stop by anytime...ribs almost done...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

the t35x the ball bearings is under the the blue tap, I would step up to a
speed feed 375 head Thats what is on my 327Ls
Old 07-05-2012, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry guys...

Pelvic SI joint pain, bulging disks in the lower back, and 4th of July don't mix well. I go into a-hole mode and tend to take everything personally and try to drag everyone into my quagmire. I think that with my Stihl I may have just had a particular one that just didn't act right. It tended to act up on really hot days. I had a Stihl FS110R. I truly can't knock the trimmers, as there really wasn't anything I couldn't handle with that Stihl...I don't think it has any more or less vibration than the 326LS I have. I took it out today and appreciated what it had to offer. The Stihl 4 mix is heavier, but has excellent torque. I have to use this thing more as I have been using an Echo SRM225, which is in the shop for a bolt that broke off in the muffler thread (spark arrestor screen) due to a meathead not installing it properly. I wanted to try something different as I only had Stihl in the past. I appreciate what this machine has to offer. Stihl, Redmax, Husq, Echo, heck, all these companies have good machines, each one with pros and cons. I just wanted something a little less heavy this time for said reasons and a few more. Again, sorry for being difficult. And forget mechanic ability for now...I did something so stupid the other day I do possibly have something loose in the brain. We live and learn. I sometimes wonder what could have been wrong with that Stihl trimmer I had. The dealer couldn't figure it out at all.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Member

@BusyBee

How can I tell the difference? I think I have the T35 and not the T35x. I think they switched it out on me. Why did they do this? So they could sell the machine...They switched the guard which I don't have an issue with, as it's the same, but the trimmer heads are somewhat different. I am pretty sure it is the T35.