Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

price opinions on a 247b

Hey guys, I wanted to pick your brains regarding a possible purchase of a cat 247b that I am thinking about picking up with a business purchase. We are a landscaping company off a guy who is moving to florida and he has this unit for sale. He is the original owner of the unit that he bought new.

here is some info on the unit:

Hours: 1200
cab w/heat&ac
pilot controls
tracks at 80%
uc looks in almost perfect condition, all bogeys/idlers are tight and have plenty of rubber on em, no chunks missing
hydro coupler
comes with a bucket

he used it for lawn installs and landscaping work, you can tell its barely been on dry pavement. he just started plowing with it last season.

I already own an rc100 so this smaller unit would be good for us and the rc100 is getting tired, so having another unit would be good peace of mind. plus i have winter work for both units.

he is asking 26K for the 247b. what do you guys think of the price? I asked him if it had any major issues and he said no, they just replaced a bearing on one of the bogeys a few weeks ago, but other than that he said its been great.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

a quick check on machinery trader reveals that the price is pretty decent. alot of higher hr machines going for the same if not more. the machines that are in this price range dont have cabs. there are a couple odd ball priced units.

any other opinions as to this specific machine? ron didnt you have one of these way back when? remember your vid of dozing that muck around...

prolly offer 22k with purchase of the biz...any opinions?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

was one in Iowa had 1300 hrs and nice looking
And I was to slow getting there they sold it 21,750 it came with tooth bucket and bushcutter
Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

You can get a lot I machine for 26k in my opinion. I don't think a 247 would be all that high on my list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What year is it? Remember, they had and still have issues with the engines mysteriously burning oil.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I flipped a similar unit, open cab with 350 hours last summer for $22500. Picked it up in your area.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's high for a 247b. If it was a series 2 or 3 it might be a little more reasonable.

Comparable unit of a 2006 asv RC60 loaded w/ac, 800 hrs., undercarriage in top shape sold for $22k here. Same unit, same year with 250 hrs. or so last week on ebay (south west) sold for $22,500 with dozer blade.

Market is some what down right now, imo, compared to last fall. Election year.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Member

What model year? If I remember correctly, the earlier units had issues with the 2.2's cracking oil pickup tubes and going into nuclear meltdown mode...

That seems like an awful lot of money for a regular 247b. Maybe a series 2 or 3 for that price...

'07 Dodge C/C; quadcab flatbed; Western 8.5 Pro;

'04 Dodge quadcab; Western 8.5 Pro Plus; Western wings; Boss TGS 1100; Ebling if I hit the lottery!

'06 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '11 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '10 Cub Cadet H1748 walkbehind; Stihl handhelds

'10 Timberwolf TW-5; '08 Kawasaki Teryx; for the firewood...conveyor in the works
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_DeereGreen View Post
What model year? If I remember correctly, the earlier units had issues with the 2.2's cracking oil pickup tubes and going into nuclear meltdown mode...

That seems like an awful lot of money for a regular 247b. Maybe a series 2 or 3 for that price...
2nd that. $26k is steep for a 247. The rollers are junk, track design weak and as mentioned the 2.2 is garbage. I wouldnt consider it. But thats just me
Old 07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'mnypit View Post
2nd that. $26k is steep for a 247. The rollers are junk, track design weak and as mentioned the 2.2 is garbage. I wouldnt consider it. But thats just me
Don't get me wrong, I love the ASV undercarriage. It's all in how you maintain and operate it.

Are you stuck on a MTL or will a wheeled skid steer work for your needs?

'07 Dodge C/C; quadcab flatbed; Western 8.5 Pro;

'04 Dodge quadcab; Western 8.5 Pro Plus; Western wings; Boss TGS 1100; Ebling if I hit the lottery!

'06 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '11 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '10 Cub Cadet H1748 walkbehind; Stihl handhelds

'10 Timberwolf TW-5; '08 Kawasaki Teryx; for the firewood...conveyor in the works