Register free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have some very shallow artisian aquifers up here and the State is not interested in us plugging into those. Seems like one of the forms we had to fill out was "Acquiring Public Waters."
Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Different parts of the country. There is a vast amount of water flowing underground in the Northeast, fed by the Great Lakes.

And besides, the OP may have shallow water to access, so he can invest his Maxipaw money in a well point and a good jet pump.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

After 112 posts, I think we've done our best, for once.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
After 112 posts, I think we've done our best, for once.
I still want to hear from someone who sold a job with 5004 heads operating at 25 psi
Old 07-08-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I still want to hear from someone who sold a job with 5004 heads operating at 25 psi
I can't wait to see the pics.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
This is a circle jerk; He needs to increase his supply & pipe; he needs to ammend his soil with organic matter; he needs to call a local irrigation company and a landscape company that's familiar with the area.

All the professionals here are idiots with the exception of Kiril; he just comes across as an idiot to fit in.

Does the gerbil still live?
Or not. I've had so many customers that want manna from heaven without the penance. Sometimes all you can do with some folks is get them to a point where they say "I can live with this".
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
All the professionals here are idiots with the exception of Kiril; he just comes across as an idiot to fit in.
::::Sigh:::: All those years wasted 'cause I was an idiot to begin with.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
How so? He is not going to get a bigger supply, he is not going to tear up the yard and amend the soil, he is not going to tear out the install and start over. So what else is there? He can make changes that will make the system better, but not perfect, and then live with the areas that are not perfect. The areas that are weak will probably be fine half of the growing season, and be stressed the other half, but not dead. I think we all have told him he needs a better design and/or better supply and pressure.
At least someone can see it from the other side. Its easy to say do this, this and this, but sometimes people have no idea what type of work were talking about. Amend the soil, 8000yards is need to put down 3" of topsoil. I wouldnt even tell someone that because your talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in topsoil.
I am glad you said this, i have been nice and tried to listen to everyone and stay positive, but some of the negativity and ideas are just ridiculous. Alot of info on here has been great but come on, lets think logical and practical.
You couldnt have said it more clear. I am NOT going to amend the soil, i am not going to change my main line to the house (you have 5k to get a excavator in here and dig below the frost line to change a line). 1" is oversized for the house, but undersized to irrigate almost to acres.
I cant do a shallow well, were in all sand and there is no water here. A deep well is prob 10k. So what does that leave me. To work with what i have and make it better. Thats where i will filter out the BS ideas and snide comments and do what i think will work best for me.

Step 1
I have rejetted the whole yard to get the water to lay down more even.

Step 2
Purchase a soil tester to determine an optimal water schedule and stop listening to ******s say this many minutes per zone, every other day...etc.
I think this was the best advice, figure out a schedule that will work with 16zones and will keep the soil moisture where it needs to be. Even if that means watering 4 times a day for 10mins, or 1 time a day for 40mins. It doesnt matter, whatever it needs it will get.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Different parts of the country. There is a vast amount of water flowing underground in the Northeast, fed by the Great Lakes.

And besides, the OP may have shallow water to access, so he can invest his Maxipaw money in a well point and a good jet pump.
I have the equipment. I thank you for your help.

I think were done here, to many negative remarks
Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosl2 View Post
At least someone can see it from the other side. Its easy to say do this, this and this, but sometimes people have no idea what type of work were talking about. Amend the soil, 8000yards is need to put down 3" of topsoil. I wouldnt even tell someone that because your talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in topsoil.
I am glad you said this, i have been nice and tried to listen to everyone and stay positive, but some of the negativity and ideas are just ridiculous. Alot of info on here has been great but come on, lets think logical and practical.
You couldnt have said it more clear. I am NOT going to amend the soil, i am not going to change my main line to the house (you have 5k to get a excavator in here and dig below the frost line to change a line). 1" is oversized for the house, but undersized to irrigate almost to acres.
I cant do a shallow well, were in all sand and there is no water here. A deep well is prob 10k. So what does that leave me. To work with what i have and make it better. Thats where i will filter out the BS ideas and snide comments and do what i think will work best for me.

Step 1
I have rejetted the whole yard to get the water to lay down more even.

Step 2
Purchase a soil tester to determine an optimal water schedule and stop listening to ******s say this many minutes per zone, every other day...etc.
I think this was the best advice, figure out a schedule that will work with 16zones and will keep the soil moisture where it needs to be. Even if that means watering 4 times a day for 10mins, or 1 time a day for 40mins. It doesnt matter, whatever it needs it will get.
Thanks for wasting all our time with what I thought were reasonable, professional opinions. Next time go post on the HO forum.
Closed Thread