Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Thanks for wasting all our time with what I thought were reasonable, professional opinions. Next time go post on the HO forum.
Yes I agree this thread stayed surprisingly civil.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
Yes I agree this thread stayed surprisingly civil.
I did, too. The OP got $20,000 bucks of free advice and had the temerity to think HE was being taken advantage of! I'm getting tired of these type of threads on the Pro Irri forum.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosl2 View Post
Uhh, i dont see the point here. Wet Boots is correct. At 25psi and the same distnace the maxipaw puts out 1.5times more precipitation per hr than my 5000 heads
If you don't see the point, then you are in trouble. What is your head spacing again? What did you discover when you reduced your flow rate?

You can go ahead and install maxipaws to your hearts content, matters not one iota to me, and when it doesn't work you can come back here and tell us how right boots was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
If you believe that chart, then get your video camera and run through a demo of the system that you installed that has 5000-series rotor heads running at 25 psi.
If you aren't going to believe the chart, then you can't believe any charts. FYI, I do have systems that are in the 20's operating pressure. Further the OP hasn't even confirmed nozzle pressure so how is it you know what it is?

But heh, why don't you go and take some pictures and run an audit while you are at it of your "superior" impact. Oh yea, and I already compared a rotor to an impact with respect to uniformity .... did you forget already old man?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
If you don't see the point, then you are in trouble. What is your head spacing again? What did you discover when you reduced your flow rate?

You can go ahead and install maxipaws to your hearts content, matters not one iota to me, and when it doesn't work you can come back here and tell us how right boots was.
Nope, he can't come back here again after his diatribe, forum rules, you know.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for wasting all our time with what I thought were reasonable, professional opinions.
The most reasonable and professional being this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
With respect to your irrigation, you need to stop guessing and listening to the "professional" idiots and do a full audit of your property (irrigation, soils, plants).... that is unless you want to keep shooting in the dark and hoping it all works out.
Funny how it got ignored, yet how can one effectively manage irrigation without doing the above? Answer .... YOU CAN'T! Hell, you can't even make a decision about what direction to go in to solve the problem without doing an audit.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I did, too. The OP got $20,000 bucks of free advice and had the temerity to think HE was being taken advantage of! I'm getting tired of these type of threads on the Pro Irri forum.
Your advice wasnt worth $2. Anyone can beat up on something they didnt install and recommend ridiculous ideas. To me a person that can solve a problem in a way other than saying you need all new, or you need this, its only 200k dollars worth of topsoil...etc, you system is junk...etc knows what they are talking about.

At least some of you recognize where to draw the line, others....idk. Time to welcome yourself to the real world (you know, the one thats outside and not behind a computer.) I probably accomplished more in the last 3 yrs than some of you will in a lifetime.

To the others on here that are not cocky a-holes thanks for the advice, i do appreciate it.

I will take your recomendations on the heads and watering schedule and make the best of it. I will ask the appropriate questions on another forum regarding some watering schedules, and look into the moisture meter.

I think its time to shut it down, to many pissants now.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I probably accomplished more in the last 3 yrs than some of you will in a lifetime..
So?......Don't call me to service your trashed system, I have my scruples and you would be at the bottom of my list with that comment, which is the most egocentric comment I've heard in many years.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

good thing, thanks

Later
Old 07-08-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Later
Never...........ever.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Your advice wasnt worth $2. Anyone can beat up on something they didnt install and recommend ridiculous ideas. To me a person that can solve a problem in a way other than saying you need all new, or you need this, its only 200k dollars worth of topsoil...etc, you system is junk...etc knows what they are talking about.

At least some of you recognize where to draw the line, others....idk. Time to welcome yourself to the real world (you know, the one thats outside and not behind a computer.) I probably accomplished more in the last 3 yrs than some of you will in a lifetime.

To the others on here that are not cocky a-holes thanks for the advice, i do appreciate it.

I will take your recomendations on the heads and watering schedule and make the best of it. I will ask the appropriate questions on another forum regarding some watering schedules, and look into the moisture meter.

I think its time to shut it down, to many pissants now.
make sure that you have taken working pressure measurements of the first and last heads on each zone. anyone worth a damn will ask for those numbers.

you can discuss maxipaws with boots on any forum since he is the big kahuna on them all
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread