Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What would u go for mt50 or dingo 322

I have two nice machines around same price need it for small to medium landscape jobs what should I go with dingo 322 with bucket or mt50 diesel with bucket both about same price? Help please
Old 07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I read on LS someone said some rental houses dropped the dingo as a rental unit because of maintenance issue. No first hand knowledge.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's a start thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hours are a big factor. Reputation of the seller, can you have it inspected by a mechanic
Old 07-06-2012, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

probably not dingo has 350 mt has 800 im mechanically inclined is there any thing that i might be unaware of to look for
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am a dingo guy, but i would go for the tracked machine. Wheels suck
Old 07-06-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I'm better off with the tracked one?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

tracks are better. bobcat mt50 is a good machine but the radiator is prone to plug with debris and overheat. oil changes are impossible unless you have monkey arms. tracks tend to come off the mt50 more than other tracked units I've operated. Other than that, a good machine.

dingo 322 no first hand experience. the 420tx and 425tx are both decent models that I have owned and operated. 420 is a bit underpowered for digging but fine for running attachments and moving material around. the 25hp kohler on the 425tx is a closer match to the 20hp diesel kubota on the bobcat mt50 for power.

I run mostly ditch witch sk650s now but they cost a lot more than the smaller mini skids. I always keep one or two tracked dingos or bobcat mts around just for work around the shop or acreage but the sk650s are my work brutes.

If the mt50 with 800 hrs is solid, it should bring $7500 or so. If you can get it for less, it's probably a decent deal. I'm asking $7800 for my dingo 425tx with 1300hrs on the chassis but it has a new engine with only 385hrs and a new hyd drive motor and tracks. Not trying to use this as a sales pitch - just trying to give you a comparison. Most diesel mini skids start at about $7500 and go up from there. Most good used gasers start about $6k and go up from there. With either gas or diesel, the bigger the chassis and motor and better the condition, the higher the price tag...

If you go with the mt50, just powerwash the radiator regularly and find someone with skinny long arms to change the oil filter...

good luck.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

went and looked at mt50 it was a big turd.. hydrolic fluid was leaking all over bottom of engine compartment.. i think th dngo may have a simpler setup tat bobcat was jammed crowded in there
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrasshoppersLLC View Post
went and looked at mt50 it was a big turd.. hydrolic fluid was leaking all over bottom of engine compartment.. i think th dngo may have a simpler setup tat bobcat was jammed crowded in there
Posted via Mobile Device
makes me wonder if that was hydraulic fluid or oil? since that oil filter is such an sob to get to, it's hard to get it tight after you change it. It can sometimes leak. it would be (as you stand facing the opened hood) on the left side about 2/3 back. you can't see it, you have to reach down, in and up to feel it which is why i said you need monkey arms to change it.

I'v owned a couple of mt50s and they were fairly decent machines but you're right, the stuff is packed in and not real easy to access. The newer mt52 has better access to maintenance items as do the dingos.

If you're interested in a dingo gasser, let me know. we can work out a deal on my 425tx if you want.