Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Bradley Mowers

Does anyone have experience with Bradley Mowers. They are much cheaper than the other commerical machines out on the market. Are they any good or not.I was looking at the 48" machine stand on. How about parts, do they have dealers who work on them. Is the warranty any good.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Low end, entry grade, Chinese made. Cheap and thin. Good thing is most parts are of the universal type. I would still rather have a used good brand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Member

i was thinking of getting one as a backup
Old 07-08-2012, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A thousand hour Scag, Exmark, Toro, JD, Bunton or any other big brand mower is a better alternative. I see these as 500 hour and all worn , cracked steel. Shiny new paint does not a good mower make.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned one and really liked it. I had the 48" hydro with an 18hp Honda on it. The mowers are distributed by Havener Enterprises. They are also badged as Dixon, and Redhawk, by other distributors. I have some Encore 48"s now, but honestly I wish I still had the Bradley around and wouldn't have sold it. Commercial engines, hydros, spindles, pulleys, and from what I could tell the deck was no thinner than Exmark or Encore's that I've used. Mine cut and operated no better or worse than other name brand walk behinds I've used to be honest. From my experience on this site you will hear positive things about them from people that have owned them. I liked the cut, and the hydros were stout. I used a sulky from Havener on mine, and it pulled me with ease.

With that being said, if you are not comfortable working on it, and need a dealer to adjust your hydros, change your belts, and stuff like that, this is probably not the mower for you. The machine is simple to work on, and parts are available overnight from several sources, but there are not many local dealers available and you would have to have an independent shop do this for you if one is not near you. I ordered mine, and had it arive in my yard with a lift gate truck. I set it up myself, adjusted the hydros, checked all bolts and fittings, and off I went. I had zero problems with it, and actually was very pleased with the quality of the machine. I sold it only because I had an injury that wouldn't allow me to ride a sulky for a while. I would buy another one without thinking twice.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINKY1902 View Post
I've owned one and really liked it. I had the 48" hydro with an 18hp Honda on it. The mowers are distributed by Havener Enterprises. They are also badged as Dixon, and Redhawk, by other distributors. I have some Encore 48"s now, but honestly I wish I still had the Bradley around and wouldn't have sold it. Commercial engines, hydros, spindles, pulleys, and from what I could tell the deck was no thinner than Exmark or Encore's that I've used. Mine cut and operated no better or worse than other name brand walk behinds I've used to be honest. From my experience on this site you will hear positive things about them from people that have owned them. I liked the cut, and the hydros were stout. I used a sulky from Havener on mine, and it pulled me with ease.

With that being said, if you are not comfortable working on it, and need a dealer to adjust your hydros, change your belts, and stuff like that, this is probably not the mower for you. The machine is simple to work on, and parts are available overnight from several sources, but there are not many local dealers available and you would have to have an independent shop do this for you if one is not near you. I ordered mine, and had it arive in my yard with a lift gate truck. I set it up myself, adjusted the hydros, checked all bolts and fittings, and off I went. I had zero problems with it, and actually was very pleased with the quality of the machine. I sold it only because I had an injury that wouldn't allow me to ride a sulky for a while. I would buy another one without thinking twice.
How many actual hours of use per week did yours see?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2012, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
How many actual hours of use per week did yours see?
Posted via Mobile Device

How many actual hours of use do you have behind one to arrive at your conclusion?
Old 07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have put my hands on one long enough to see the low quality. Ask yourself this. How many people have posted about how wonderful this machine is? Plenty of negative threads. They have been around long enough to gain market share if they were any good.
Posted via Mobile Device