Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-07-2012, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Narrowed trimmer down to husqvarna 323L or Redmax 2350

Both are the same price. I am looking for a reliable, light, nimble string line trimmer. It will never do anything but everyday string line trimming. I need to be able to order parts online easily as well. I know redmax blowers are reliable and easy to get parts. I am not sure about husky parts. Please advise. Thanks

Last edited by clydesdale; 07-07-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

They are the same company. I have a redmax blower that has been in the shop for 3 weeks because a part is on back order. I would not reccommend either of these products for this reason. I prefer echo products, echo 280 is plenty powerful and I also have the small echo 225. It does a great job for lawn maintenance trimming. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

About the same weight, but the Husqvarna is more powerful.

I have not owned a 323L, but have heard good things about them. I did have the small Redmax. Briefly. Had an old BC225 Redmax that was just flat awesome. Bought the TR2300 thinking it would be quite similar. It was brutally underpowered. Maybe that has been fixed. I notice on the 2350 the hp rating is up just a bit. Maybe it was just mine. But it was the weakest commercial string trimmer I had ever used. Even went as far as to buy a roll of .080 line for it hoping to help. It didn't make enough difference.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's a no brainer IMO. The Husky has 20% more power, and weighs a 1/2 lb less. Both have solid drive shafts, and because both are part of the same parent company, they share many other features that would make them equal otherwise.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

OK, that is a good analysis. I'll go with the Husky. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 323, and part of the decision is that there is a Husq dealer in the area.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do guys like J-thomas or the other online guys carry these parts or are they hard to find and only at dealers? I do have a dealer in the area, but I find online to be much more convenient and often MUCH cheaper.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would recommend the Husqvarna. I use mine hard meaning it rolls around in the back of my truck to leaving it almost full throttle constantly. I have use the 323L trimmer on heavy brush and one time I ran over the the middle part with my Exmark rider.

Someone said Echo, I'm not being rude but they are homedepot junk. I have used them and after 5 mins I just want to drop it and go home. Oh and the Husqarna I can reload the string with my eyes closed. For weight, reliability, and price go with them. The only problem with them is they don't run if it down pours and they seem to drink gas but that's because I use the thickest string and leave it out far like 8-10 inches.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 07-08-2012, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 323l. I'd recommend it; reliable and powerful. Light too.

You can't really go wrong with it, redmax and husqvarna are basically the same company.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Read this post(especially my post) about a few things you can do to be even more ultimately happier with your Husky purchase.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=382777

I hope you'll be quite happy with your Husky purchase. Yes there are many online dealers where you can order every accessory and every part for these units.

Good luck with a great trimmer.