Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

You'd be a losing man to place bets like that as I'm neither. I know exactly where you're coming from, but there is good/bad with ALL races.

I've witnessed first-hand both high quality/quantity that most hispanics are capable of. Many of them have a work ethic that makes most look pathetic. Not saying ALL, but as a race they do have their place like the rest of us.

If they work/live legally like "most" Americans then more power to them. If people have an issue with what the government does for some of them (and we all do) then blame it on the loopholes in the system.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
You'd be a losing man to place bets like that as I'm neither. I know exactly where you're coming from, but there is good/bad with ALL races.

I've witnessed first-hand both high quality/quantity that most hispanics are capable of. Many of them have a work ethic that makes most look pathetic. Not saying ALL, but as a race they do have their place like the rest of us.

If they work/live legally like "most" Americans then more power to them. If people have an issue with what the government does for some of them (and we all do) then blame it on the loopholes in the system.
That doesn't make what the illegal ones do right. I agree, no matter what race you are you deserve a shot to make a living in this country..... but the illegal ones need to get in line and let the rest of us make a living first.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
but the illegal ones need to get in line and let the rest of us make a living first.
The only line they belong in is the one that takes them back to where ever it is that they came from.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
The only line they belong in is the one that takes them back to where ever it is that they came from.
That's a good one!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Don't worry, more than a few of those same super hard working hispanics are starting to fall for the same BS that ails many a spoiled American, oh yes I have seen it, already some are driving Phancy F-350 Diesel trucks that had to have cost $40,000+ and they're all walking tall acting like the 'supervisor' and like they know everything and own it all, oh yes sir here comes YOUR 7th deadly sin Mr. You thought you were so smart and you will think the problem will not bother you, but oh yes it will because we sit in our million-dollar air conditioned 24-acre complex as we get paid every day whether we cut grass or not and we drive Isuzu NPR's and when we work we hardly sweat and you can see from a mile away how good we have it and you will think what you think but soon it will get to you, one day you look around and you keep seeing everybody doing so good when you start to think you want what we have, you can not avoid it, your eyes will see the gluttony and the greed and then you will be infected with the virus too LOL

Last edited by herler; 07-13-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You got that right! You wanna come over here get your "Green Card" just like all working or visiting immigrants have to before stepping on American soil,my wife had to to,so can they.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

It's just not landscaping but the illegals are not only pulling down prices, they are pulling down pay rates in every indusry they are making in roads in.

Along with once an employer goes mexican he won't hire Americans because they don't fit in and can't speak Spanish so it would be impossible to talk with co workers.

And it is also with college degreed prosfeesionals. There are many engineering jobs that companies claim hardship in finding employees so they get legal permission to hire Indian's to come here and pay them $50,000. So they lay off the $100,000 Americans.

The Dem's and the Repub's are both screwing the American's.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey herler, is the Phancy F350 Diesel a new model?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqvarnaRules View Post
Totally agree with you stephen424. Problem I see is "Americans" around me seem to feel a sense of entitlement. The "big boy" landscapers can't stand when a few hispanics roll up in a 20 yr. old truck/car with a few pushmowers, trimmers and rakes and do work that easily rivals these large outfits and can afford to do it for less due to minimum overhead. Most of those hispanics will work rings around the average American and expect little in return. They are just happy to be living here and making a decent living.
The bullsh!t is strong with this one obe wan! If the "hispanics", which you speak of are so great and hard working, why is their country in the shape it is in today? It should be as great as the United States!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
What is funny about that is the fact that most houses here probably cost 3X or more what a house would go for in the carolinas. We paid $575,000 for our 2700 sq/ft house on 3 acres a little over a year ago. We can go down to the carolinas and buy the same place for $100,000 pretty easily. Thank god my wife makes 150K+ a year because what I make wont even pay our mortgage let alone everything else.
Sounds like your wife is supporting your habit.
Closed Thread