Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Reality is hard for you to understand isn't it? You will understand it one day when it slaps you in the face and it eventually will. Please come here and start quoting prices higher than $25 for anything smaller than a 25,000 sq/ft lawn. I dare you! Let me know if you do because i will bring the camcorder to get your reaction when people start laughing at you and telling you to get off of there property. You are simply kidding yourself if you think it will never happen in your area.

Just an FYI years ago we never quoted that low. The customers that we have had for many years are at a higher rate than our newer customers. A few of them have even come out to talk and they mentioned they get $20 a cut fliers multiple times a week every spring but they like and trust us so they stay with us.
What country are you mowing in? Yards that size here I get 35$ for and I am actually lower then some others.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What a bunch of bitter gringos!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
What a bunch of bitter gringos!
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree! Too much bitching/whining over things out of your control leads to less productivity.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

The decline of the blue collar worker began not with the stream of illegals across our borders, but when made in China became the defacto imprint on any consumer good.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandd75 View Post
The decline of the blue collar worker began not with the stream of illegals across our borders, but when made in China became the defacto imprint on any consumer good.
Last time I checked tradesmen weren't a Chinese Export.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

No, tradesmen are not. But the death of manufacting jobs, is where it all started. Tradesmen are but the last victims.
What I mean is that if most people will buy junk made in China to save a buck, has we have been doing in America for around 30 years, what makes anyone surpised that they will act any different with tradesmen, as has been the case the last 10 to 20 years.
Most care not who made/performed the item/work they purchased, only the price.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry us Hispanics work harder, faster, and do a better job for less money. Lmao
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
No, tradesmen are not. But the death of manufacting jobs, is where it all started. Tradesmen are but the last victims.
What I mean is that if most people will buy junk made in China to save a buck, has we have been doing in America for around 30 years, what makes anyone surpised that they will act any different with tradesmen, as has been the case the last 10 to 20 years.
Most care not who made/performed the item/work they purchased, only the price.
Goods provided by legal corporations from any country is different than services or goods provided by illegal companies/persons from within our borders. When foreign companies start building decks or mowing lawns over the WWW your point will be validated. Illegal labor is at the forefront of putting a lot of hard working taxpayers out of business. The industrial revolution is a bygone era and stable jobs like that may never return, so we should all be trying to keep the skill jobs that are still available to blue collar workers.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

My point is that in this economy the lowest price of any good or service will win. Is this not how capitalism works??? Those that cannot compete will close.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
My point is that in this economy the lowest price of any good or service will win. Is this not how capitalism works??? Those that cannot compete will close.
Posted via Mobile Device
yep and capitalism is on it's way out to. I'm still picking up accounts that the lowballers just can't compete on, it's called quality! My slogan is we fix $25 yards, I get new ones everyday people ARE catching on to the lowballers game of mow and go leaving a trail of destruction everywhere they go.

Last edited by cpllawncare; 07-18-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Closed Thread