Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
Sorry us Hispanics work harder, faster, and do a better job for less money. Lmao
Posted via Mobile Device
I have many a customer that tells me that if I bring a hispanic on their property they will fire me. Lmao
Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I have many a customer that tells me that if I bring a hispanic on their property they will fire me. Lmao
That's funny because 90% of landscapers here don't even speak English and they make more money than most guys on this site.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

can't say I blame anyone for price shopping for anything. goods and services a like. nothing wrong with wanting to save as much of our hard earned cash as we can.

I sure don't wanna pay more just because it's made in america. make it the same price and I'll buy american all day long.

I just like every other person want the best quality at the cheapest price I can find it. let's use lawn maintenance as an example. why do you think we give estimates. even the rich get estimates. people usually get 2 or 3 and pick whoever is the cheapest unless there are some red flags as to why the cheapest is the cheapest.

why pay $5 more just because it was made here.

personally I just buy what's available to me at the cheapest price I can find it at. I don't see america making iPads or iPhones. so how can I buy american if I want am iPad or iPhone???
Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
That's funny because 90% of landscapers here don't even speak English and they make more money than most guys on this site.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's just a crock of crap bro. You have no idea what anyone here makes besides you and those you know personally right near you, and you have absolutely no way to prove that statement, so you have no legitimate reason to post anything that rediculous. Besides, I doubt any, if not all those "rich" latino's that don't speak english you are talking about have ever paid out anything to the IRS.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's just a crock of crap bro. You have no idea what anyone here makes besides you and those you know personally right near you, and you have absolutely no way to prove that statement, so you have no legitimate reason to post anything that rediculous. Besides, I doubt any, if not all those "rich" latino's that don't speak english you are talking about have ever paid out anything to the IRS.
Hahahahaha ok
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
can't say I blame anyone for price shopping for anything. goods and services a like. nothing wrong with wanting to save as much of our hard earned cash as we can.

I sure don't wanna pay more just because it's made in america. make it the same price and I'll buy american all day long.

I just like every other person want the best quality at the cheapest price I can find it. let's use lawn maintenance as an example. why do you think we give estimates. even the rich get estimates. people usually get 2 or 3 and pick whoever is the cheapest unless there are some red flags as to why the cheapest is the cheapest.

why pay $5 more just because it was made here. Is this really that hard to understand? You pay $5 more to help support your own country, and to help keep it strong and free

personally I just buy what's available to me at the cheapest price I can find it at. I don't see america making iPads or iPhones. so how can I buy american if I want am iPad or iPhone???
No kiding If it isn't made here then you don't have a choice. When you do have one, you should be willing to do what you can to support your own country first. Afterall, if you don't, you may not have the ability to do whatever you chose before too long
Old 07-19-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No kiding If it isn't made here then you don't have a choice. When you do have one, you should be willing to do what you can to support your own country first. Afterall, if you don't, you may not have the ability to do whatever you chose before too long
nice edit of my words.

to bad it's not true. let's see this iPad made in the USA cost $499 and this one made in china costs $399.

I'm buying the one from china.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
nice edit of my words.

to bad it's not true. let's see this iPad made in the USA cost $499 and this one made in china costs $399.

Personally...I would rather buy American its too bad its hard to even FIND anything that was manufactured in the United States. You actually have to go out of your way to purchase a product that was created in the United States. But in regards to lawn service, I have worked on crews in the past and its true the mexicans were willing to work hard, but too bad they didn't really care about the work they put out. To them, its more of getting the job done quickly, and going. To me, it was more about getting the job done quickly...but correctly. Isn't that the idea? get the job done, make money but have the customer come back for repeat business?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Member

WOW... IT'S INTENSE IN HERE!!!

This is my first year in the business. To get my foot in the door I created a service called "JUSTA" as in Justa Cut, Justa Trim, Justa Edge, Justa the Basics, and I advertise "Justa Cut" as low as $5, "Justa Trim" as low as $5, "Justa Edge" as low as $5, and "Justa Basics" as low as $15. I did this so that I could pick up the home owner who likes cutting his/her own lawn, but might not have a professional edger or trimmer. I use the formula (distance [in feet] / 60 / 0.7335 x $1.25 [labor rate per minute]) + (distance / 60 / 0.7335 x $0.33 [Materials used per minute, mostly gas]) = My Fee for Trim or Edge. Rarely does this come out to being $5, but it gets me a chance to quote, and I have picked up customers by starting out just edging or trimming their lawn. But some people have accused me of Low Balling because my flyers say $15, but it also says, "as low as." Oh, by the way, $0.33 for materials covers wear, gas for both my equipment and vehicle, and it changes based on current fuel prices ($0.27 to $0.43). My formula is basically the same for cutting, but I add deck size and mowing speed into it, so (turf sq ft/60/1.467/deck size/speed x Labor rate)+(turf sq ft/60/1.467/deck size/mowing speed x Materials) = Cut Fee. Then for stripes I call that a Premium cut, and I add 10% for "Straight", 35% for Angle, double cut + 10% for "Crisscross", and double cut + 35% for "Crosshatch".

Yep I will just cut a lawn for $5 (no trim or edge), if its wide open, i can use my biggest mower and the lawn is small - like a mobile home lot. It's money, and it takes me less than 5-minutes including unloading, cutting, loading. Why not?! its easy and quick. Besides, I'm a one man show with only one mower that is financed, the rest of my equipment is new and its paid for, and I have the maintenance and replacement cost built into my materials charge. Again, I have yet, to actually cut someone's lawn for $5, but I would if I find one that meets the specs. Most of my lawns are 0.5-acre +, cause I ran around in the country looking for big lawns with high grass, and I would run up and knock on the door, just like a little kid - except that I have a $7,500 lawn mower.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
nice edit of my words.

Sorry, but no sale.

I didn't edit anything dude. I simply highlighted my words in red right after those of yours I was referring my reply to, to distinguish them from each other. Maybe you should choose your wording more wisely in the future. It's guys with your attitude that are causing our economy to sag worse than it would otherwise by supporting a communist country that wants so badly to destroy ours. Get your chinese crap while you can for such good deals, because their economical growth rate is slowing right down now too, and sooner or later their inferior crap will cost close to what things here do now, yet it'll still be crap made from inferior materials.
Closed Thread