Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
I have one phone number , but like Landscape Poet was saying about the big guys advertising the service but sub-ing it out.. I'd like to do the same and get my PCO more business as he does the same for me. If you are referring your "guys" then you are advertising them as the people to use, I just want to put it in print on my website or vehicles, etc..

why don't you "advertise" for the people you use? if you are willing to send them referrals
I barely advertise for myself.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I barely advertise for myself.
Why not, don't want to grow? even McDonalds advertises, and they already OWN the fast food market.. they have plenty of word of mouth and everyone already knows who they are but they still advertise..
Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Why not, don't want to grow? even McDonalds advertises, and they already OWN the fast food market.. they have plenty of word of mouth and everyone already knows who they are but they still advertise..
I need to know the impact of Obama care first to be frank.

I am growing but slowly and measured.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know some states have different regulations regarding lic #s. In louisiana inorder to advertise a service, you must have the accompaning lic# listed also. Which includes: landscaping, tree work(arborist and untility arborist), irrigation, Pest App
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I need to know the impact of Obama care first to be frank.

I am growing but slowly and measured.
Completely understandable and a extremely good point!
Your doing it right!

I can't wait to see what this will all mean.. will my business be taxed for not offering health care to my employees?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Completely understandable and a extremely good point!
Your doing it right!

I can't wait to see what this will all mean.. will my business be taxed for not offering health care to my employees?
I doubt you have to worry about it ! http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insu...iness/#provide
Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK GIRLS, Here are the actual statute that apply to advertising. Please note there are 2 statute that apply and you must put them together to see the answer. Bottom Line is you can not Advertise Pest Control in Florida unless you are Licensed. I know the law I just can't remember every statute number.

5E-14.142 Responsibilities and Duties – Records, Reports, Advertising, Applications.

(3) Advertising:
(a) Pest control advertising on service vehicles, in telephone directories or other advertising media shall in all cases be factual and shall be set forth only under the licensee’s name or trade name registered with the Department. Unregistered fictitious names are prohibited.
(b) All pest control telephone directory advertising, including long distance lines shall in all cases show the licensee’s name or trade name registered with the Department, complete licensed business location address from where services will be performed and telephone numbers.
(c) Solicitation and acceptance of pest control must be performed by an identification card holder whether performed in person or by telephone.

482.091 Employee identification cards.—

(1)(a) Each employee who performs pest control for a licensee must have an identification card.

(b) Either the licensee or the licensee’s certified operator in charge must apply to the department for an identification card for each employee who will perform pest control therefor within 30 days after employment of that employee, on a form prescribed by the department. The licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge are jointly responsible for obtaining such identification cards.

(2)(a) An identification cardholder must be an employee of the licensee and work under the direction and supervision of the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall not be an independent contractor. An identification cardholder shall operate only out of, and for customers assigned from, the licensee’s licensed business location. An identification cardholder shall not perform any pest control independently of and without the knowledge of the licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall perform pest control only for the licensee’s customers.

In Edit Any Employee with a ID Card must have Taxes taken out and pay into State unemployeement insurance

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
I doubt you have to worry about it ! http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insu...iness/#provide
But if he does not have it for himself then he has to pay for it.
Also, I expect my employees are expecting to be covered when they decide they want the "free health care" Obama promised them.

I hate to be the one to tell them, Obama lied and they call me the cheap bastage.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Member

This little tidbit right here is how your big companies get away pest control services ...This is exactly what i was talking about in the PM i sent to Mjlcare ...This is how your bigboys get bigger ..Its a law but a very easy law to get around in most cases ...

482.091 Employee identification cards.—

(1)(a) Each employee who performs pest control for a licensee must have an identification card.

(b) Either the licensee or the licensee’s certified operator in charge must apply to the department for an identification card for each employee who will perform pest control therefor within 30 days after employment of that employee, on a form prescribed by the department. The licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge are jointly responsible for obtaining such identification cards.

(2)(a) An identification cardholder must be an employee of the licensee and work under the direction and supervision of the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall not be an independent contractor. An identification cardholder shall operate only out of, and for customers assigned from, the licensee’s licensed business location. An identification cardholder shall not perform any pest control independently of and without the knowledge of the licensee and the licensee’s certified operator in charge and shall perform pest control only for the licensee’s customers.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Leaf Above View Post
This little tidbit right here is how your big companies get away pest control services ...This is exactly what i was talking about in the PM i sent to Mjlcare ...This is how your bigboys get bigger ..Its a law but a very easy law to get around in most cases ...
Not if the Ag inspector is on his toes. Rent a license is a big issue and the way they catch you is Unemployment Tax. All card holder must be legal employees and Legal Employees must PAY TAXES. THe Ag inspector had access to Fla State Unemployment Tax Records on the INTERNET. Two simple Left clinks and you are caught. Companies not issuing Spray Cards in a timely manner are fined heavy.

However Ag inspector are State Wage slaves and don't always do their job as we have seen many times. Your big sweat in getting caught is have your competitor turn you in.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.