Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbo View Post
I would've thought with all your knowledge that the results of this test would be of little to no use to you because you already know exactly how they perform....
I know that a test of a single rotor is not going to tell you much of anything, even if done properly. System design is the bigger factor here as even the most efficient single rotor can be made complete inefficient with poor design.

So let me ask you this. What information do you hope to get from simply looking at amounts in the cans? Different nozzles will give you different amounts in the cans, and the difference will be solely due to the different output of the nozzle. This essentially tells you nothing about the uniformity of the rotor/nozzle across the pattern. Are you planning on actually measuring the volume of water in the catches, or just look at it or measure it with a ruler? Also if you think nozzle height above ground will not impact the results you are mistaken. Instead of being combative, why not just ask someone to help you design your little experiment so it will actually have some meaning? I am sure deuk would help if you ask him nicely.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Member

The only thing I am trying to accomplish(other than having alittle fun) is to determine which head throws the best pattern to MY liking!!!! I will also be looking at the "rain curtain" that both of them are suppose to have. I know that different nozzles give you different amounts. But I will use the same nozzle in each that has been spec'ed to put down the same amount of water going by the nozzle charts for each. And yes , I know that the head is going to throw differently being higher but it will be the same for both heads for the third time. And finally, I'm not being "combative" as you call it. I'm just having fun. Why don't you let me handle my little test and you get back to your "mall cop" interent police duties!!!!! Thank you!

I thought I said somewhere along the way that this was just for fun?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I know that a test of a single rotor is not going to tell you much of anything, even if done properly. System design is the bigger factor here as even the most efficient single rotor can be made complete inefficient with poor design.

So let me ask you this. What information do you hope to get from simply looking at amounts in the cans? Different nozzles will give you different amounts in the cans, and the difference will be solely due to the different output of the nozzle. This essentially tells you nothing about the uniformity of the rotor/nozzle across the pattern. Are you planning on actually measuring the volume of water in the catches, or just look at it or measure it with a ruler? Also if you think nozzle height above ground will not impact the results you are mistaken. Instead of being combative, why not just ask someone to help you design your little experiment so it will actually have some meaning? I am sure deuk would help if you ask him nicely.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I know that the head is going to throw differently being higher but it will be the same for both heads for the third time.
Tell me, how will nozzle height above the ground affect this determination (see bold)?
Quote:
Just want to find out which head has the BEST rain curtain and the best short and long distance watering.
As far as the rest goes .... have fun, but don't expect your results to tell you anything if you can't/won't use methodology that will give you some meaningful results.

Oh, and FYI .... performance data that you can trust ..... And before you go spouting off about the i20 not being the same as the PGP Ultra, I suggest you take a look at the nozzles for each.

http://cit.cati.csufresno.edu/progra...tprofiles.html

Old 07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Did I do these test????? Gee wiz, I must have blacked out for a couple of years because I sure as hell don't remember doing these test. Oh yea, these are not my test. Silly me. I have not done them yet...

I think when I get through with my test I'm going to PM every person on this site with the results with the exception of one individual!!!! Anybody got a guess???

Quote:
Tell me, how will nozzle height above the ground affect this determination (see bold)?
As far as the rest goes .... have fun, but don't expect your results to tell you anything if you can't/won't use methodology that will give you some meaningful results.

Oh, and FYI .... performance data that you can trust ..... And before you go spouting off about the i20 not being the same as the PGP Ultra, I suggest you take a look at the nozzles for each.

http://cit.cati.csufresno.edu/progra...tprofiles.html

Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Did I do these test????? Gee wiz, I must have blacked out for a couple of years because I sure as hell don't remember doing these test. Oh yea, these are not my test. Silly me. I have not done them yet...

I think when I get through with my test I'm going to PM every person on this site with the results with the exception of one individual!!!! Anybody got a guess???
If you think for even a second that your "experiment" will somehow be better than a standardized performance test, then knock yourself out. I try to help you think about factors that will impact the reliability and meaningfulness of the test and all I get is punk ass jerk attitude from you, so go ...........

Sad thing is if you or those people you PM actually believe the results are meaningful then you and they are fools, but whatever. Carry on dude.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Leave me out of the PM, as well. Most of you know my choices: RB 5000/5500 6" stainless and I-20 stainless, both are great heads.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Dude you take this stuff WAY too seriously.... While I do appreciate the help, I'm only messing around with these heads just come to a conclusion on which one I want to install for my dad... This is not life-threating or gonna cause a cataclysmic event or anything like that...Like I said, sometimes it's best to just say "knock yourself out dude", but that's BEFORE you post 17 times and start the name calling and getting all mad!!!! And then calls anybody who believes the results names also. IN OTHER WORDS CHILL-OUT!!!! Have a beer or something... If it will make you happy I will just scrap the whole thing!!! NOT

Says to self: What the hell is this guys problem??? Bet his blood preasure is sky high at the end of a long day on Lawnsite...It's sad to say, but it's going to get to where people are going to not post on here just because they have to listen to people like you who think they know everything and then some!!!!

Quote:
If you think for even a second that your "experiment" will somehow be better than a standardized performance test, then knock yourself out. I try to help you think about factors that will impact the reliability and meaningfulness of the test and all I get is punk ass jerk attitude from you, so go ...........

Sad thing is if you or those people you PM actually believe the results are meaningful then you and they are fools, but whatever. Carry on dude.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I was joking Mike, as you probably already know but some people think I'm dead serious about this little test.....And I do agree with ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Leave me out of the PM, as well. Most of you know my choices: RB 5000/5500 6" stainless and I-20 stainless, both are great heads.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I was joking Mike, as you probably already know but some people think I'm dead serious about this little test....
I know, it's fun to see the peanut gallery swing into action. I just remembered an incident with a W*M REP who had built a manifold to hook into a hose bib and demonstrate the Turbo rotor. We hooked it up, fired it, and I could have pissed farther. He left, dejected. It was only later I learned the wife had the washer and two of our Gardena oscillators going. I never told the REP what happened.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea I bet he bought sh!t his pants when he turned it on.... I have been messing around with these 2 heads and they will throw really far if I open the faucet all the way...I think I am going to get a gauge to hook to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I know, it's fun to see the peanut gallery swing into action. I just remembered an incident with a W*M REP who had built a manifold to hook into a hose bib and demonstrate the Turbo rotor. We hooked it up, fired it, and I could have pissed farther. He left, dejected. It was only later I learned the wife had the washer and two of our Gardena oscillators going. I never told the REP what happened.