Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-12-2012, 06:28 AM
jabbo jabbo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: rochelle ga
Posts: 215
Yea some people just blow stuff way out of proportion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Jabbo "accurate and actionable" means I'm right, do as I say, and if it doesn't agree with my beliefs then it's wrong.....

Price, performance, durability, ease of service, options, etc. We all have different priorities. We all have different opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Let me know if they are including the LA nozzle on the PGP tree. One reason I dropped them for the 5000.
that would mean about 20 nozzles for each PGP head. Since the PGP Ultra uses the I-20 nozzles, they get the same nozzle tree.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Jabbo "accurate and actionable" means I'm right, do as I say, and if it doesn't agree with my beliefs then it's wrong.....

Price, performance, durability, ease of service, options, etc. We all have different priorities. We all have different opinions.
There is a right and wrong way to test performance. You either do it right or don't do it at all. But then, it is of no surprise that you don't understand this simple fact Pete.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Performance can be tested without going to some anal retentive nth degree by a layman to satisfy his accurate and actionable needs. Performance isn't the sole criteria for choosing a product anyway. Right or wrong on this forum isn't determined by a noisy outlier.

My guess Jabbo is you will find they both perform well and both can do the job. Ease of adjustment, durability, and price will tip the scale one way or the other depending on the value a person places on each factor.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
that would mean about 20 nozzles for each PGP head. Since the PGP Ultra uses the I-20 nozzles, they get the same nozzle tree.
I like the 5000 tree setup. The LAs don't need to be in every nozzle size of the standards. Just the sizes of what gets used a great portion of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 AM
jabbo jabbo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: rochelle ga
Posts: 215
And I agree with you 100%. I'm just meesing around with them really. I really like the Ultra but just wanted to see the 5004 in action so I bought one. Didn't know I was going to start a 4 page war!!! Seems like thats happening alot these days on this site and not just in the irrigation forum either!!! Thanks for the info Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
My guess Jabbo is you will find they both perform well and both can do the job. Ease of adjustment, durability, and price will tip the scale one way or the other depending on the value a person places on each factor.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Change your settings and it becomes a one page discussion. Difference of opinions abound here. As Mike has said we are making water work. I drive by hay and alfalfa fields every day. Some use center pivots and several types of those are out there. Some use flood. Some use nothing and pray they get at least one cutting. Nothing wrong with opinions even to the extreme. It's the right or wrong declarations and arrogance that start the wars.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Performance can be tested without going to some anal retentive nth degree by a layman to satisfy his accurate and actionable needs.
Actually it can't, that is why we have standards. Go ahead and use boots if its wet method of testing performance, don't give a rats ass if you want to wallow in the swill with the amateurs and hacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Performance isn't the sole criteria for choosing a product anyway.
Who said it was? Certainly I didn't .... did someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Right or wrong on this forum isn't determined by a noisy outlier.
Be sure you keep that in mind retiree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
It's the right or wrong declarations and arrogance that start the wars.
Hmmmmmm, this is the type of shiit that starts wars you tool! But keep on with your petty childish bullshiit, it fits your character.

Last edited by Kiril; 07-12-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:53 AM
jabbo jabbo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: rochelle ga
Posts: 215
Ah yes, I was on the farm also back in the day. We had bunches of pivots(stationary and towable) and hard hoses with guns. Not fun laying 90' joints of 6" irrigation pipe through 8' tall corn after you just put 2" of water on it when the temp is around 95 degrees. Farm irrigation is on alot bigger scale no doubt. Usually 6"-8" pipe in the ground to the pivots with HUGE thrust blocks at the "Z" pipe and the riser and at every turn. That was the days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Change your settings and it becomes a one page discussion. Difference of opinions abound here. As Mike has said we are making water work. I drive by hay and alfalfa fields every day. Some use center pivots and several types of those are out there. Some use flood. Some use nothing and pray they get at least one cutting. Nothing wrong with opinions even to the extreme. It's the right or wrong declarations and arrogance that start the wars.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Sprinkus's Avatar
Sprinkus Sprinkus is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,816
Found an interesting PGP/5000 hybrid the other day. It was a couple of PGP's with 5000 nozzles installed in them. I was surprised at how well they covered close in due to all of the leakage around the nozzle.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.09401 seconds with 8 queries