Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 PM
mayhem69 mayhem69 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 73
sorry to revive this old thread, but im thinking about buying one of these lighter string trimmers. What kind of oil do you guys run in your husky trimmers? Being the manufacturer oil is costly, what do you recommend?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,686
Amsoil Saber at 80:1. Way cheaper to by, and as good a oil as you can get.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Big Dog Diablo Big Dog Diablo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shelbyville TN
Posts: 210
I bought a new 325L in 04 and it finally gave out on me in fall of 2012. I wish that thing had an hour meter on cause I can tell you it was a bunch. I could put it up for winter and in the spring it would start within two pulls. Needless to say I went and bought me a new 323L and love it. Can't go wrong with a Husqvarna trimmer but I didn't have much luck with their backpack blowers.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Nate'sLawnCare's Avatar
Nate'sLawnCare Nate'sLawnCare is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 951
I have a 326L and it's a great trimmer, very light and plenty strong. As for the start assist some referred to, I have a 223L with that and it died. I replaced the mechanism with a standard direct unit and no issues with it now.
__________________
Snapper Pro S200XT 36 HP Big Block
BOP 36 Inch Dually
Honda HRX217VKA Mower
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,686
How old is your 223L that has the start assist? I have never seen that on one. Mine is a few years old now and still runs like a champ.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
I bought a new 325L in 04 and it finally gave out on me in fall of 2012. I wish that thing had an hour meter on cause I can tell you it was a bunch. I could put it up for winter and in the spring it would start within two pulls. Needless to say I went and bought me a new 323L and love it. Can't go wrong with a Husqvarna trimmer but I didn't have much luck with their backpack blowers.
Which model BP of theirs did you have bad luck with? the newest ones-560/570/580 are excellent blowers with great reps. I have had my 570 since the first month they hit the market in the fall of 2011, and have yet to have any problems with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Nate'sLawnCare's Avatar
Nate'sLawnCare Nate'sLawnCare is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
How old is your 223L that has the start assist? I have never seen that on one. Mine is a few years old now and still runs like a champ.
It's probably 2 or 3 years old. Bought it at Lowe's, so I don't know if it was a different spec, maybe homeowner model. The new starting mechanism bolted right on, it's the same one that's on my 326 I believe.
__________________
Snapper Pro S200XT 36 HP Big Block
BOP 36 Inch Dually
Honda HRX217VKA Mower
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate'sLawnCare View Post
It's probably 2 or 3 years old. Bought it at Lowe's, so I don't know if it was a different spec, maybe homeowner model. The new starting mechanism bolted right on, it's the same one that's on my 326 I believe.
That's interesting. The one's at the area Lowe's here are all like mine. There is no difference between the models they sell at Lowe's and a dealer, but maybe that was something they thought they'd try for a while on the 223L since they figured more HO's would buy them than commercial guys. They're good little trimmers, that's for sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Big Dog Diablo Big Dog Diablo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shelbyville TN
Posts: 210
Ridin I had two of them and think they were a 165BT, does that sound right? I bought one the same day I bought the 325L and bought another one the next spring. I had nothing but trouble out of both of them. I ended up giving one to my Dad and I struggled with the other one for a few summers. Last year I broke down and bought an Echo 770 and love it. I'm not real crazy about their trimmers (weight) but love the blower. I may try another Husqvarna Backpack cause I'd really like to have all my trimmers and blowers be the same brand.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Ridin I had two of them and think they were a 165BT, does that sound right? I bought one the same day I bought the 325L and bought another one the next spring. I had nothing but trouble out of both of them. I ended up giving one to my Dad and I struggled with the other one for a few summers. Last year I broke down and bought an Echo 770 and love it. I'm not real crazy about their trimmers (weight) but love the blower. I may try another Husqvarna Backpack cause I'd really like to have all my trimmers and blowers be the same brand.
I'm not sure on the older model numbers from, several years back, so maybe 165 is correct, but I have not heard of that one that I can recall. I know they make the 150 BT and also the 350 BT which are the same except for harness and pipes. Try a 570 or 580. You will love it. Noticeably more power than the 770 even, and both have better harnesses than any other blower made including the RM's. I was on my way to buy a 770 when I finally found a guy who had a 570 to try (everyone else was already sold out of them). I had already tried the 8500 RM which is the 580 in red, and the 770 Echo. As soon as I tried the 570, I knew I had found what I was looking for. So far, it has been awesome, and zero trouble after two full seasons.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.07805 seconds with 7 queries