Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's interesting. The one's at the area Lowe's here are all like mine. There is no difference between the models they sell at Lowe's and a dealer, but maybe that was something they thought they'd try for a while on the 223L since they figured more HO's would buy them than commercial guys. They're good little trimmers, that's for sure.
I just bought a 223L today with the 20% off man. rebate. My dealer and i sat the 223L and 326L next to eachother. Not much difference between the two, besides handle, and motor shields.
He stated they both have the same motor.
What is your experiences with the 223L?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've used mine for the last two full seasons as my main trimmer. With the right line it can handle 95% of all trimming needs. It is light and handy. The 323 & 326 have an additional 20% power and the 326 routes the exhaust out of the engine shroud better than the 223 & 323, which is a lot better in that it keeps your throttle arm cooler.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I've used mine for the last two full seasons as my main trimmer. With the right line it can handle 95% of all trimming needs. It is light and handy. The 323 & 326 have an additional 20% power and the 326 routes the exhaust out of the engine shroud better than the 223 & 323, which is a lot better in that it keeps your throttle arm cooler.

what kind of line would that be? damn, i was told the 223 had same motor as the 326, kinda have buyers remorse now!
Hope i have good luck with this 223!
I was going to pay the little extra for the 326
Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 223, 323, and 326 all have the same engine, but the 323 and 326 are carbed differently for more power.

The best line I have ever used, and the one that works so well in my 223L is Oregon Gator Magnum Super Twist. it is the grey colored stuff with the black Aramid chord down the center. It cuts like a pair of sharp scissors, and is tough like all Gator Magnum line.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
The 223, 323, and 326 all have the same engine, but the 323 and 326 are carbed differently for more power.

The best line I have ever used, and the one that works so well in my 223L is Oregon Gator Magnum Super Twist. it is the grey colored stuff with the black Aramid chord down the center. It cuts like a pair of sharp scissors, and is tough like all Gator Magnum line.
thanks for your help ridin Green!
I actually had to go back to the dealer cause i forgot the manual package. The owner was going to let me trade up the 223 for the 326.
He stated he would not if he were me. He said the only major difference is like you stated, the carb , which costs $70 more also.
So i kept it!!
after comparing those 2 models side by side in the Husky book!! really no difference really besides the carb and exterior plastic pieces on the outside of motor. Not enough for me to pay the extra $60, and the 2 very nice guys there also agreed.
What is this adjustment i read about after 10 fill ups?

Last edited by mayhem69; 02-19-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They come with the carb set up for it to run rich during the break in period. You can follow the directions in the manual, but being that they were translated over to english, they may be a bit hard to follow if you aren't familiar with doing it. Just let your dealer do it for you after 10 or so tanks of gas have been run through it if you aren't sure about what you are doing. You don't want to go too lean and burn the thing up, or too rich and lose power and waste gas.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been using the 326ls for a year now have no complaint with the trimmer has plenty of power and like you said light weight saves a lot of hurt at the end of the day.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

did you ever try the blue twisted gatorline? its a little cheaper, is this the older version? i couldnt find any info. on it
http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-20-102-...=oregon+20-102

Last edited by mayhem69; 02-19-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The Platinum is the blue...and the grey is the Magnum.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 02-19-2014, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem69 View Post
did you ever try the blue twisted gatorline? its a little cheaper, is this the older version? i couldnt find any info. on it
http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-20-102-...=oregon+20-102
Yep. I've posted quite a bit about it in the past. It is excellent stuff too, but for whatever reason, it bogs down the little 223 while the grey stuff doesn't. The Platinum (the blue line in your link) line I bought was .105", but it is identical to the .095" grey stuff in diameter.

This is the stuff I like better than anything else now-
http://www.oregonproducts.com/pdfs/M...AD_low-res.pdf