Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Yep. I've posted quite a bit about it in the past. It is excellent stuff too, but for whatever reason, it bogs down the little 223 while the grey stuff doesn't. The Platinum (the blue line in your link) line I bought was .105", but it is identical to the .095" grey stuff in diameter.

This is the stuff I like better than anything else now-
http://www.oregonproducts.com/pdfs/M...AD_low-res.pdf
where is cheapest to buy the twisted? i found a 1lb spool on ebay for almost $18
Old 02-19-2014, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem69 View Post
where is cheapest to buy the twisted? i found a 1lb spool on ebay for almost $18
I just buy from my local dealer that I try to support.

Just do a google search. there are a bunch of places that sell it for a LOT less. Here's one or two-

http://www.powerequipmentmart.com/or...tm_content=pla

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-20-026-.../dp/B0018U6CDK

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-69-200-.../dp/B0018TY4EA

Scroll over the picture to get an exploded view of the line.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought the 326LS yesterday. I was also in a toss up between the 323 and the 326. My dealer said that the 323 has been around since '02 and the 326 has been around since '07 if I remember correctly. With the 20$ difference in price between the two trimmers, I went with the 326. I figured I'd spend $20 extra for the next model up. Like you said, it burns less fuel, but other than that they are basically the same. I think the 326 spins faster though. My dealer ended up throwing in 2 packs of 50ft .95 titanium line and took $15 off the price for paying cash. Also got the 3 year warranty for purchasing Husqvarna's oil. The dealer told me they run and last longer running on a high octane gas, so I guess that's what I'll do. Good luck with your decision. But that's just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2014, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I just buy from my local dealer that I try to support.

Just do a google search. there are a bunch of places that sell it for a LOT less. Here's one or two-

http://www.powerequipmentmart.com/or...tm_content=pla

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-20-026-.../dp/B0018U6CDK

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-69-200-.../dp/B0018TY4EA

Scroll over the picture to get an exploded view of the line.
So, this is the best stuff to buy for the 223?
http://www.equipatron.com/oregon-20-...und-spool.html
Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's what I run in mine now after running several other brands and types, mainly Crossfire. It really cuts like a razor.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewaTD View Post
I just bought the 326LS yesterday. I was also in a toss up between the 323 and the 326. My dealer said that the 323 has been around since '02 and the 326 has been around since '07 if I remember correctly. With the 20$ difference in price between the two trimmers, I went with the 326. I figured I'd spend $20 extra for the next model up. Like you said, it burns less fuel, but other than that they are basically the same. I think the 326 spins faster though. My dealer ended up throwing in 2 packs of 50ft .95 titanium line and took $15 off the price for paying cash. Also got the 3 year warranty for purchasing Husqvarna's oil. The dealer told me they run and last longer running on a high octane gas, so I guess that's what I'll do. Good luck with your decision. But that's just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device

i too just bought the 326 today. did you get the 20% off on top of the $15 for paying cash ? also for $22 i bought the 3 50.1 premixed bottles of gas/oil and got the 4 year warranty. the 2 cycle oil was $12 so for another $10 i added another year to the warranty. also my dealer said he could order me a 323 but he only stocks the 326 and really has never even had a 323 in his hands so he could'nt tell me the difference . its funny when you know more about the product then they do but he is one of the few dealers close enough to even consider
Old 02-20-2014, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I Mow Alone-

which dealer did you go to? I am familiar with many of them down yuor way, so just curious.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I Mow Alone-

which dealer did you go to? I am familiar with many of them down yuor way, so just curious.
billings royal oak
Old 02-20-2014, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I figured based on where you are at. If you ever get out by the Palace, go across the highway to Munn Tractor. They are a Stihl and Husky dealer. They usually have a lot of different models in both line ups to look at.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
How old is your 223L that has the start assist? I have never seen that on one. Mine is a few years old now and still runs like a champ.
The Husqvarna line 223L is a spring assist as I also believe the 323 and am unsure of other models.
But the 223L does have a spring assist.
It is not the same as the residential line .
I replace the springs with a wood screw simply by grinding the head almost flat then screwing it to fit into a molded square on the rope molding piece then I line up the clutch surface piece and screw them together and grind off te length of extra screw.

The factory spring always breaks withing 1/2" of the bends for what ever reason, most times lasting me about a season when new. Once I fix this issue there is no issues with the 223L
Posted via Mobile Device