Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
The Husqvarna line 223L is a spring assist as I also believe the 323 and am unsure of other models.
But the 223L does have a spring assist.
It is not the same as the residential line .
I replace the springs with a wood screw simply by grinding the head almost flat then screwing it to fit into a molded square on the rope molding piece then I line up the clutch surface piece and screw them together and grind off te length of extra screw.

The factory spring always breaks withing 1/2" of the bends for what ever reason, most times lasting me about a season when new. Once I fix this issue there is no issues with the 223L
Posted via Mobile Device
That's interesting. Thanks. I have never had any problem with mine in the two full seasons I've used it, so never had any reason to take it off and look at it. Mine feels just like my FS90 and FS250 when pulling it. I would never have known that it had a spring assist in it. Mine came right from Husqvarna to my door though, so maybe I have a std pull starter on mine for some reason.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I MOW ALONE View Post
i too just bought the 326 today. did you get the 20% off on top of the $15 for paying cash ? also for $22 i bought the 3 50.1 premixed bottles of gas/oil and got the 4 year warranty. the 2 cycle oil was $12 so for another $10 i added another year to the warranty. also my dealer said he could order me a 323 but he only stocks the 326 and really has never even had a 323 in his hands so he could'nt tell me the difference . its funny when you know more about the product then they do but he is one of the few dealers close enough to even consider
I actually had no idea about the 20% off fleet pricing deal. I still feel like I got a good deal though. They are great guys and the repair man is the one who sold it to me. So he was able to tell me all the ins and outs of each one and which ones have had trouble in the past. He told me the local Lowes sends all of their repairs to him. I was pretty shocked about that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I went out just to give the new trimmer a run today and its not kicking back to slow idle now! It was yesterday when i bought it, now its not. It just runs at about mid range, i cant get it to run on slow idle, damn! Having problems already!! I knew i shoulda went with the 326. Takin it to the dealer tomorrow and see if he'll do the exchange!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's where mine runs until I take the choke off and burp it. Make sure the choke knob is turning to off completely and make sure to squeeze the trigger to full throttle to release it from the starting position it goes to when you choke it. Little crap can happen on any machine. Don't panick just yet. LOL
Old 02-20-2014, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That's where mine runs until I take the choke off and burp it. Make sure the choke knob is turning to off completely and make sure to squeeze the trigger to full throttle to release it from the starting position it goes to when you choke it. Little crap can happen on any machine. Don't panick just yet. LOL
ok, i guess i am overreacting, thanks! i'll try it again!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem69 View Post
ok, i guess i am overreacting, thanks! i'll try it again!
My dealer said the first few times you may have to prime it about 15-20 times just to get the fuel flowing threw the carb. Try that and see if it works for ya.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewaTD View Post
My dealer said the first few times you may have to prime it about 15-20 times just to get the fuel flowing threw the carb. Try that and see if it works for ya.
Posted via Mobile Device
ok, i will try that before i take it back today. It is now running mid range and my finger isnt even on the throttle! something seems screwy!
I may just drop it off and show him today, i am going that way anyway. Maybe i will upgrade to the 326 if he lets me!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Did you burp the throttle like I told you in my last post? When you set the choke, it also sets the throttle lock which is at the mid range point for starting. After it fires, you have to take the choke off, and let it run a few seconds. Then you burp the throttle to release the throttle lock.

How many times you prime it has nothing to do with it running at mid throttle after starting it.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Did you burp the throttle like I told you in my last post? When you set the choke, it also sets the throttle lock which is at the mid range point for starting. After it fires, you have to take the choke off, and let it run a few seconds. Then you burp the throttle to release the throttle lock.

How many times you prime it has nothing to do with it running at mid throttle after starting it.
yes, i did all that, that is the problem its not burping
Old 02-21-2014, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like someone screwed the idle screw in too far then. try backing it out some.