Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Bummer for you commercial guys that own these mowers.

I am a homeowner with a quick 32 which serves my needs quite well. I really would like to get a bagger for it but don't see one listed on their website. If anyone has one for sale please email me at fmzip at yahoo dot com
Selbro Pro-Fit can be purchased many places. The parts co. Also listed on Bop web site can.order the Bop specific bracket.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

I am a homeowner with a quick 32 which serves my needs quite well. I really would like to get a bagger for it but don't see one listed on their website. If anyone has one for sale please email me at fmzip at yahoo dot com

Accelerator ?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

If you go to the Accelerator website, you can find out what model your mower uses and find a dealer. If they don't have a dealer in your area, I believe you can order directly from them.

http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/index.html
Old 07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Accelerator ?

Yes lighter than selbro. I have the newest generation model that is.less prone.to.dragging. Plus.the older model. Honestly the Q32 is the best Bop mower.for.bagging, cleanups etc.

I was going to a full comparison of all the Bop comparable catchers....never got.to.it.

Got questions just ask I have all Bop deck.sizes as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Guess I've missed your posts. Could you link or explain this comment?

Because as I see it, this would be like GM phasing out Chevrolet. Or Ford phasing out Ford. Yes, I am fully aware that Toro owns Exmark and has for several years. But common sense tells you that you don't get rid of one of the top 2 or 3 brands in the country. So please 'splain it to me.

As for BOP, I may not have posted it, but I could have predicted this back in January.
Ok, without derailing this thread i will explain. 1st off, my background before becoming a landscape contractor i was a buyer for 9 years, (American MFG & Japanese MFG) so allow me to speak from my experience.

To use your example GM, is the parent company of several branded automobiles as we all know. They do not brand any of their products GM 1st, they do mark their brands with the GM logo but always their brand 1st I.e, Buick, chevy, etc.... Each oh their brands have brand recognition, identity and features that separate their product lines thus creating value.

Now, as for Exmark & Toro comparison its apples and oranges. I believe Toro to have more significant brand value and recognition over Exmark. Their machines are so close their only real difference is the deck (especially ztrs). There is ZERO real differention between the two. Exmark started off as niche and has continued to their fill niche however once Toro acquired them the clock started. Their appeal was their engineering and mfg skill set but since Toro continues to offer a deep product line with proven quality, whats the reason to maintain the exmark brand? Toro could loose Exmark, offer the Ultracut deck on Toro machines and still maintain it's sales while reducing sku count, supply base, inventory, and most important increase toro dealers to sell all of their products not just ZTR's, WB's, & Standers.

Look, not bashing exmark but the facts are the facts, Toro is well known and Exmark has little to zero differentiation over Toro. Frames are the same, pumps, engines, wheels, tires are also the same. Just decals, paint, seat, wheel fenders, etc, etc, etc..... From a lean mfg stand point, Exmark is on clock and will be phased out. However the plant, mfg, engineering talent, and operations can and should be maintained with little head count reduction if the plants were to be Toro products and ultracut decks.

You all heard it here 1st from GreySt1.

Oh and they are overpriced. Thx

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

and when will all this happen? 1yr., 2 or 5? They are overpriced, who is "they"? Toro or exmark?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
To use your example GM, is the parent company of several branded automobiles as we all know. They do not brand any of their products GM 1st, they do mark their brands with the GM logo but always their brand 1st I.e, Buick, chevy, etc.... Each oh their brands have brand recognition, identity and features that separate their product lines thus creating value.

Now, as for Exmark & Toro comparison its apples and oranges. I believe Toro to have more significant brand value and recognition over Exmark. Their machines are so close their only real difference is the deck (especially ztrs). There is ZERO real differention between the two. Exmark started off as niche and has continued to their fill niche however once Toro acquired them the clock started. Their appeal was their engineering and mfg skill set but since Toro continues to offer a deep product line with proven quality, whats the reason to maintain the exmark brand? Toro could loose Exmark, offer the Ultracut deck on Toro machines and still maintain it's sales while reducing sku count, supply base, inventory, and most important increase toro dealers to sell all of their products not just ZTR's, WB's, & Standers.

Look, not bashing exmark but the facts are the facts, Toro is well known and Exmark has little to zero differentiation over Toro. Frames are the same, pumps, engines, wheels, tires are also the same. Just decals, paint, seat, wheel fenders, etc, etc, etc..... From a lean mfg stand point, Exmark is on clock and will be phased out. However the plant, mfg, engineering talent, and operations can and should be maintained with little head count reduction if the plants were to be Toro products and ultracut decks.

And Stop knocking gary

Last edited by Kingfish; 07-24-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
and when will all this happen? 1yr., 2 or 5? They are overpriced, who is "they"? Toro or exmark?
Exmark, i believe by 2020. I have HEARD that Toro has phased out the Exmark 21 and now only offering a 21 in Toro. Haven't been to a dealer to confirm this but its makes sense.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 07-24-2012, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
And Stop knocking gary
I never knocked Gary. What i wrote about BOP was my opinion and in no way was it anything close to be considered a knock.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Ok, without derailing this thread i will explain. 1st off, my background before becoming a landscape contractor i was a buyer for 9 years, (American MFG & Japanese MFG) so allow me to speak from my experience.

Threads are meant to be derailed.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, as you may very well be correct. I just have a hard time believing it.

Toro has better name recognition amongst the retail crowd, but not among commercial mowing companies, that's why I find it hard to believe.

And if you think Exmark is expensive, you've never purchased commercial grade equipment or parts from Toro, have you? As in Grounsmasters on up? I have, and other than the purchase price, the cost of parts on Exmarks is a welcome relief from Toro parts.