Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah Im still doing a late startup here and there.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post
I think Wa state is one of the few areas without drought conditions.
I have to admit we are pretty lucky . Come on over and have some Aqua
The top ground is finally drying up and some grasses are starting to crisp up. However noo drought what so ever

Our overall Seattle water supply situation and outlook is good.

Last week, 0.02 inches and 0.12 inches of precipitation were recorded in our Cedar and South Fork Tolt River watersheds, respectively.

We are starting the summer season with full reservoirs for water supply. Chester Morse Lake at the Overflow Dike is at elevation 1563.0 feet, about 0.2 feet lower than last week, and about 5.1 feet above its long term average (based on the years 1989 to 2005). Masonry Pool Reservoir at Masonry Dam is at elevation 1562.9 feet, about 0.3 feet lower than last week, and about 6.1 feet above its long term average. The South Fork Tolt Reservoir at the South Fork Tolt Dam is at elevation 1764.0 feet, about 0.8 feet lower than last week, and about 5.3 feet above its long term average. Water releases from reservoir storage are actively being managed for water supply and fish habitat objectives for both the Cedar and South Fork Tolt Rivers.

Water consumption for the previous seven days averaged approximately 152 mgd. That is more than the 142 mgd consumed during the same period last year, and less than the average of 190 mgd used during the same period over the years 1999-2008.

http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/util/Abo...pply/index.htm
Old 07-18-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
Well I learned more about how to locate with my 521a, but what got the job done was potholing. Three holes and I ended up only "scabbing" in 45' of wire compared to 400' between valves. But im convinced there are better tools for finding a nicked wire than the 521a, not saying it cant be done, just that their may be a more refined or specific tool. Now I just need to get my boss to buy that tool
There is its a fault finder. Both Greenlee and Arvada sell them. A must have tool for someone in the service business that deals with scattered valves.