Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

thinking about buying a 99 36" bobcat ............

i went to see a bobcat for sale close to me . its a 1999 bobcat 36" it has the 14hp Kohler command pro series engine on it. the standard 5 speed foward and 1 reverse transmission.the overall condition is in fairly good shape but a homeowner had it most of its life and most parts are original. so the blade belts, drive belts some need to be replace tires have some meat on them but dry rotting/cracking on the sides. you use them til they go flat right lol but consider it a replacement the spindles and bearings all seemed tight. the engine seems to run pretty smooth is has alittle hiccup/ a popping sound at all rpms im thinking it was just take a tune up and carb cleaning to fix that. the air filter was dirty spark plug who knows and the carb might be gummy. there is black carbon i guess on the muffler where the exhaust comes out.
the transmission..... all the gears work but i noticed the left side spins alittle faster than the right side is that suppose to be like that or is something worn or about to break? dont tell me kawis are the best i know that. haha there is no catcher or bracket just the discharge chute. i wont tell you the price you tell me what you think its worth and if its worth it at all with kohler engine maybe a trans issue. and just the age of everything they can go at time. thanks thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

$500 for mower...$300 in parts ti fix...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

i offered 500 from their 900 they came down to 600 now after looking at it more carefully i offered $400. 500 would be my max. yeah $300 parts with motor and trans left to worry about with no catcher
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

stiill would like advice on the condition thanks guys