Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm95 View Post
Even if it's 0% interest??
If you take out a loan for your equipment you are then a slave to the bank. You will have them to answer to each and every day you get up and go to work. If it rains snows drought or what ever you still answer to them. You are their slave. till the note is paid in full.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes pay cash for everything so then when you go to buy a brand new truck or a ctl or even a house or shop you can pay cash for that. People have got to understand it nice not to have payments on things but it is required to get your credit rating to where you can purchase a house or shop. I see so many people on this site over cash vs credit debate. So yes go buy everything with cash and then later you show no credit history.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you guys hear about that 40 year old dude that always paid cash and never had a loan. Well he wanted to buy his first house but did not have the cash or a credit history so his mom consigned for it. True story.

You're only a slave to monthly payments if you can't afford it.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

When you average the extra cost over a 2,000 hr lifespan it will more than pay for it self.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It all depends on the accounts you have,if you are mowing small to medium accounts where you are not mowing for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time you will probably see very little difference between a 52 and 60.

52 inch machines can usually be alot lighter in design and can do a better job on residentials and high end cuts. A 60 is usually a 1200 pound machine in a ZTR so they have a tendacy to tear the turf more.

If you can only have one you have to weigh it out on your style accounts, for me and what I do I will never buy another 60 again and feel for me a 52 and then a 72 is my best bet for where I am.

I have had 48's 52's 60's and a 72 and the 72 slaughters the other machines in overall profitability. I run a 72 with a 36 walkbehind on a truck and it works fine.

A good 72 is really a great mower and will for most jobs of medium to large mop the floor with a 60 but a 60 is only a touch faster than a 52 on most properties that are 10 minute mows and less.