Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Ybravo fix

I need help understanding this,I love the Y-BRAVO26- I want to buy it now,my problem is for $1499.00 which I do think it is worth ,I am to repair it myself and have the parts if under warranty sent to me???
Unlike most here I am not a mechanic and would love to buy this from and support a local commercial mower store,but there are no dealers as per YBRAVO`S web site in my area or state for that matter (FLORIDA)..So when this unit breaks and it will (probably due to me) Who is going to fix it????

Last edited by GREENWITHENVY1; 07-17-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: MY MISTAKE,NOBODY WOULD HAVE FOUND IT
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I did not know these were back in stock, seemed like they were out forever. The height goes up to 3.5 inches now, I am pretty sure it was only 3.25 before. Anyway per the site:

QUICK AND EASY TO REPAIR
The Bravo 25 is designed from the ground up to be easy to service, either for a dealer, or for the commercial user. Fewer total parts, common fasteners, and bolt on components all add up to simplicity. Repair instructions are available at Ybravo.com to make all service tasks understandable, easy, and quick.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you think this mower will go nationwide as far as dealers go,,I really like this mower...
Old 07-17-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is simple if you can't fix stuff then buy stuff from a dealer who will be happy to take most of you profits fixing your machine.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
this is simple if you can't fix stuff then buy stuff from a dealer who will be happy to take most of you profits fixing your machine.
ok-i will make this simple for you, when your car brakes down do you fix it? Or do you bring it to a shop to have it worked on !!!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly after buying 8 machines this spring I would buy an exmark. One blew up the other day and the rest are on the way out. For $1400 you can get the exmark with a better engine and local dealer support.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS0219 View Post
Honestly after buying 8 machines this spring I would buy an exmark. One blew up the other day and the rest are on the way out. For $1400 you can get the exmark with a better engine and local dealer support.
Unfortunately, in spirit I have to agree. I dont know that the Exmark is the way to go but, having 2 25" Ybravo's, if I had it to do all over again, I would have went with 21" Honda's or Toro's.
I was Ybravo's biggest cheerleader and my supplier has done a great job keeping me up and running.
Pro's
It bags nicely

Cons
Cuts thin, spindly bermuda and weeds poorly when mulching
25" is of no help with efficiency when I have to mow something twice in low or high gear.
Ground speed becomes nothing more than exercise when I have to mow something twice.
Forget the lowest setting which is still too high, until you grind the two extending wings on the bottom of the deck. There outward angle and the fact that you have a greater distance between all four wheels guarantees you will drag the deck and catch one of those wings which will pull you off line making it impossible to mow a straight line ESPECIALLY on a recently sodded property.
One must balance the tension of the opposing springs on the blade engagement as the blade drive belt wears to prevent shattering of one or both springs when releasing the handle that engages the brake and releases the belt tension er.
As the blade drive belt wears, you must tighten the spring to the tension er to maintain blade tip speed or the belt will slip and your cut gets REALLY bad with zero dip in RPM. As you increase that spring tension you make it impossible for the opposing spring to release the belt tension er which ENGAGES THE BLADE BRAKE and now you have a free wheeling spinning blade under neath the deck and if an employee is unaware of the situation or increases the tension on one spring and does not understand that what he did just disabled the safety of the blade brake, now you have an injury or worse yet, an amputation.
harryh@northtexasturf.net
For man, there is no greater burden than potential.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Funny, your complaint is that 1" is too high and I am hesitant because 3.5" is too low! Thanks for the input on the springs - some of the first real-world input I have seen on the Ybravo in terms of functionality.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

the fact that I am complaining I would still buy this mower if it was from my local shop-Every mower has faults but this thing does look like a little beast-love that...
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENWITHENVY1 View Post
ok-i will make this simple for you, when your car brakes down do you fix it? Or do you bring it to a shop to have it worked on !!!
don't sweat his buffoonish comments, he always has some stupid thing to say. There is always one no it-all in every industry and he is the one in ours.