Register free!

Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Customer or Employee Incentives?

In order to get referrals for applications does anyone offer incentives for their customers to spread the word? If so what are they ? Also what about Employee incentives for getting new customers anyone practice this , and are sucessful at it?

What about a entire neighborhood price break, lets say you get the entrance to the subdivison and offer discouts to fellow neighboors. What would be a good discount?

Thanks
Hopper
Old 01-13-2003, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

We offer customers $30.00 in cash for each referral. Something about that green stuff, even to people who have lots of it in the bank (Or do they)?

I give employees a year end bonus based partly on sales leads. Since I do most of the sales myself, I really only need them to make contact with potential customers, and leave a good impression.

The bonus amount is part of an overall bonus program that takes into account all aspects of performance.

Let us know what you decide, and how it works out for you.

I would also do a good search of the archives here. Tons of good threads on this topic in the past.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I offer 1 free lawn application for each referral. The referral must sign up for our service. Technicians get $12 for a truck sale.

Rob
Old 01-13-2003, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A free ap. Up to 50-55 dollars. It's well worth it. Essentially, if I get 6 referals from a customer, their whole season is free; but look what I have in return. Alot of money for $100 bucks worth of product.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.