Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPLC22 View Post
If the 52 cuts as good as the 61 I just get the 52 because of closeness of beds, fences and curbs. All I wanna know is if it cuts thick grass as well as the 61. The lack of what seems to be enogh rollers and hp are my concern. My local dealer does not do demos or I woul just demo it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Get a hold of your rep. I'm sure he will have one for his territory, especially if he knows your going to buy one, and not be just a tire kicker.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPLC22 View Post
If the 52 cuts as good as the 61 I just get the 52 because of closeness of beds, fences and curbs. All I wanna know is if it cuts thick grass as well as the 61. The lack of what seems to be enogh rollers and hp are my concern. My local dealer does not do demos or I woul just demo it.
Posted via Mobile Device
the new velocity plus deck cuts excellent, what motor your get it with is up to you whether you grab a mower a showroom and settle for whatever motor it has or you get picky like I did and order a machine with the exact engine you want, will determine how well it cuts in thick grass, personally i would get the biggest engine you can afford especially if you plan to run a bagger system. yes the 52" deck will cut like the 61 as long as you have a clean deck and sharp blades. i wouldn't buy one without demoing it first.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought the cheetah w/ 61" and 32 hp vanguard andit is one hell of a mower!! I can utilize the speed of the hi/ lo change for jumping from area to area and getting back and forth, but just being in lo is crazy fast!!! I mean super quick!!! I have been meaning to post a response on here to let everyone know what I thought of the mower but been to busy. It will bog a little on thick, wet grass but I think what the problem is, is the discharge chute hangs too low and slows the discharge. Other than that it's an awesome mower. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device