Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anything besides gas in a gas engine will work...bleach is about 98% water...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well they came back and jumped the fence in my back yard but didn't get anything since I had it all cabled. When they went back over the fence they stepped on an angle arm and ripped it off the fence. So now I know they got it from my backyard and not on the street. I had one good trimmer and the bait one so i took the good one off. Now they know they need bolt cutter. I have a remote sensor that turns on my flood lights so I got that back into the area. I am going to put a couple camera back there. I used to tarp the thing everynite hate to have to do that again.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Well they came back and jumped the fence in my back yard but didn't get anything since I had it all cabled. When they went back over the fence they stepped on an angle arm and ripped it off the fence. So now I know they got it from my backyard and not on the street. I had one good trimmer and the bait one so i took the good one off. Now they know they need bolt cutter. I have a remote sensor that turns on my flood lights so I got that back into the area. I am going to put a couple camera back there. I used to tarp the thing everynite hate to have to do that again.
Well Ed, if you know where they are coming over the fence now, it seems like a perfect place to set up some of those proximity mines you have been waiting to test out somewhere. Just remember to put them on YOUR SIDE of the fence!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Get a couple of driveway alerts. When they break the beam you get a buzz in the house
Old 07-31-2012, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyd meeks View Post
Get a couple of driveway alerts. When they break the beam you get a buzz in the house
This is good advice, especially when you consider that Texas is a "castle doctrine" state.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If they're coming at night, and it is dark back there, try laying a few pieces of plywood around the trailer with a lot of either 8D or 16D ring shank nails (rusty ones are best) driven through and facing upwards where they'll have to step on them to either cut the cable or grab the equipment, or where they are coming over the fence at. The plywood only needs to be about 2' wide strips to do the trick. Paint it a flat, dark color so that is doesn't stand out in the dark from any light that may be around. You can even cover it with a thin layer of grass clippings to camo it a little.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Leaded gas ruins catalytics, around here it is sold up the road as "offroad" fuel at a service station that caters to folks headed to the race track (literally, with stock cars), now the stuff is expensive and unfortunately yard equipment can handle lead, but cars can not.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
If they're coming at night, and it is dark back there, try laying a few pieces of plywood around the trailer with a lot of either 8D or 16D ring shank nails (rusty ones are best) driven through and facing upwards where they'll have to step on them to either cut the cable or grab the equipment, or where they are coming over the fence at. The plywood only needs to be about 2' wide strips to do the trick. Paint it a flat, dark color so that is doesn't stand out in the dark from any light that may be around. You can even cover it with a thin layer of grass clippings to camo it a little.

The criminal's attorney would love if you followed this advice, as it would surely put more money in his pocket.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Leaded gas ruins catalytics, around here it is sold up the road as "offroad" fuel at a service station that caters to folks headed to the race track (literally, with stock cars), now the stuff is expensive and unfortunately yard equipment can handle lead, but cars can not.
It would cost too much to do this. And the time it would take to fully clog converter would be a long time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you know they are coming at night onto your property, a couple of simple beware of dog signs and a angry pit bull or two, nothing easier and more simple if you ask me. Let them roam your yard and I am pretty sure that there will be no more issues with equipment turning up missing from your back lawn.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!