Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My review of invoice2go

So I recently jumped on the iPad train, I decided to try and maximize my money with this thing so I went looking for some apps to help out my business. I ran across invoice2go. While it is more aimed towards stores and have products that you sell, it works extremely well at least for my needs....

Estimates are very easy too, just imput the info and it adds it all up and put it in the correct spot and everything else.

I started off with the lite version and quickly foundt it to be very user friendly and easy. Once I reached my 3 document limit for the lite version I already knew that I would be spending the 14.95 on the PRO version. I imputed my clients with all of their information, set up the invoice how I would like it to look, added my logo, and boom I could fire out invoices really quickly. Just describe what you did, put the price and move on. Then hit print or email and your ready to get paid. I have to say it was really easy to use, I pushed out 15 invoices in just under 5 minutes. You can back it all up to a computer so you don't have to worry about losing any of it. I think you can even create your own invoice template but I'm happy enough as it is right now so maybe I will try that out later. Overall for me and my small needs it works fabulously. Hoped this may be helpful to some, I was just so happy with it I thought some others may want to try out the free version and see if it's for you. Good luck!

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey!

Glad you like invoice2go. Personally I found it expensive since I wanted to sync my iPad and iPhone. So I had to invest in the 30$ per year cloud service. Then I noticed I couldn't enter checks when people paid (check numbers). So I was told to buy the desktop version to edit the forms (70$). It ended up costing me over 150$ by the time I was setup and it always felt like a bandaid patch.

Then I discovered Freshbooks. It is expensive, that's for sure (30$ a month) but its power is phenomenal. My customers can view invoices online and it will tell me when they do so. I can send customers paper invoices (1.27$ each for small quantities). Print them at home, send by email, all those goodies. I can also do estimates and timesheets! Bill expenses directly to an invoice, you name it.

I even have quicksale, which btw is a bit better programmed than invoice2go.

Spent a lot of money finding the right solution and freshbooks is in my opinion the best solution for mobile invoicing.

Regards,
Daniel
Old 07-23-2012, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use invoice2go as a secondary way of delivering my invoices but just the lite or free version. I usually just mail my invoices out, but on an occasion need to email one and it works perfect. Since I use it so rarely, once I hit the limit on the amount of invoices I can use, I just uninstall the app and then reinstall again, only takes a minute to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Invoice2go

I have been using this app for over a year now and have no complaints. It does everything I need for my small business. Invoicing is simple and complete and I especially like the summaries of all my accounts at my finger tips. We will soon be upgrading to an AirPlay enabled printer so printing will be even easier.
I recommend this app based on my experiences with it.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I purchased invoice 2 go and as a standalone on the Samsung note. It worked well as a standalone but when I tried to integrate /sync with the desk top version it was clunky and I had a lot of problems with it, still am. The tec support is awful. They take about 4 days to respond and then only when you bombard them with e-mails and when they do bother to answer its generally to send a link to their FAQ page which most people will have already tried.
If you want to sync with your desk top it can only be done via the cloud which is an additional bill on top of the annual fee. I change to the note 10.1 and found it simply won't pick up the invoice style I sent them an e-mail asking for support and a week later still no response.
Conclusion
If you are a one man band and need a simple invoice that's professional looking and easy to track this is a good product but not the most competitively priced. If you are anything more than this look elseware, there are far better products better priced, the clunkiness and problems with across units means you will need the tec support which in my experience is worthless.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love freshbooks as well. The support is fantastic, it ALWAYS works. Integration with PayPal is simple too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have had excellent luck with invoiceasap for the ipad

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwTTWdT3TEinaALXbIyUVQ

OUR PHOTO THREAD
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=396303
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

instead of an app why not just use quickbooks online version?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Guys does Quick sale or Invoice2Go have multiple accounts feature?

I need IPAD app to give to our sales reps so they do the estimates/invoicing and after all this will be syncranised with main account. Seems like Invoice2Go have some of these features.
The main thing we need as that accounts have different privileges/access level:
# sales rep accounts can see only THEIR OWN job history and data
# main account can see ALL job history and data

Which app can do this?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a solo operator and use Invoice2go as well. I set up my differently-priced services as individual "products", so when I create an invoice, I just pull from the product selections, pick a client and I'm done. I also like the fact that you can turn an estimate into an invoice with one click. I also like the report function that shows me in an instant how much I've billed versus collected and I can even do it by client. I email most of my invoices, but I can also print them from my tablet through the PrinterShare app right to my network printer.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.