Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Weed killer

What are you guys using for weed killer? I am looking for something that won't hurt the plants but kill the weeds. Mulch beds and rock beds. I have one site that is driving me crazy I can spends hours each week pulling weeds there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Echo Hand Power Equipment
09 F250 W/Boss Plow
12 7X14 Enclosed Trailer
Old 07-14-2012, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Mix ONE ounce of HiYield Killz all and THREE ounces of RoundUp Extended Performance to one GALLON of water.

This will kill any plant it touches. Reapply if need and it should kill any growth for 3 months or longer.

BTW that mix is poison ivy's worst nightmare. I used it on poison ivy in my backyard and it has not grown back ever since that was 2 years ago. Talk about ONE and DONE.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Sponsor

Make sure that you have an applicator's licence before you do any spraying. Taking courses for your license will help you learn what the best weed killer is for each individual site. If you're looking for a weed killer that does little harm to the environment in which you're spraying, you may want to consider the organic products available to you. Each state has different rules about the qualifications you must have before spraying, so check on your specific state's regulations.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Round-up will kill every-thing. Look for a selective herbicide that only kills weeds.

2, 4D....with mecoprop, dicamba. Some-thing like this.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFlames View Post
Make sure that you have an applicator's licence before you do any spraying. Taking courses for your license will help you learn what the best weed killer is for each individual site. If you're looking for a weed killer that does little harm to the environment in which you're spraying, you may want to consider the organic products available to you. Each state has different rules about the qualifications you must have before spraying, so check on your specific state's regulations.
I'm agree with GreyFlames here, besides; any weed killer is just that weed killer and will kill anything it touches and it sounds like your worried about hitting something you don't want dead.

Weed killer will drift even if you don't touch the stuff you don't want dead and risk killing the shrubs by drift.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women