Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-08-2003, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone use the Swaploader body for their trucks??

www.Swaploader.com. I am looking into a new vehicle and just trying to explore all my options.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Myself I don't like these systems there is alot of extra parts and extra weight I'am building my own rolloff system for my F-Superduty its going to have true roll of rails and a reeving winch.

This system is lighter and you can pull almost anything onto the rails and chain it down where the hooklift system you need special built boxes. I have worked with fullsized rolloff tandem axle trucks so I want to make a smaller scale version to fit a 1.5 ton truck.

I would search the web for Mini rolloff trucks there are a few companies in the states that build rolloff systems for 1 to 5 tons and tandem axle trucks.

Are you in the garbage business or are you looking for a multipurpose truck you have to remember a hooklift system is going to set you back quite a bit of money.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do alot of installs and thought it might be a good idea to leave the container of plant material at the site. Same goes for mulch, leave for filling brush, etc.

Price for hook lift alone, no body, $15,000.00.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya hooklifts aren't cheap so you will have to have alot of work to make it profitable you may beable to find a used one or findout a price for a rolloff system that uses rails.

Good Luck
Old 01-09-2003, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How can they justify the cost for just the lift system with no bed?? Are you paying for the idea??
Old 01-09-2003, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Member

If that price includes all the hydraulic pump and pto and mounting it on your truck it sounds about right and there are a few companies that make that design rolloff system. Hooklift is one of them I thing Galbraith makes them like I said I wouldn't buy one I know one of the disposal companies here bought a hooklift on a 91 F-Superduty when it was brandnew and I think it cost him 40,000 dollars CND.