Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's a sweet trailer you have there. Getting Americans to understand the rest of the planet doesn't always do it the way we do is hard sometimes. I spent a lot of time in Europe and you generally don't see junk rolling down the road. I would hate it as my toll charges are based on number of axles and I already go through tires like cookies. I've always been a fan of the high sides on open trailers. I'm sure the capacity is very conservative. That would probably rate at 10k with brakes here in the states. What types of grass are you cutting in Belgium these days?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes that's a dump trailer. Over here this brand is considered top notch but i have to say: you guys have really great dump trailers because of the lower floor height. Over here the dump body sits on top of the wheels which makes it quite high and def. not suited to load a ztr on it. But except for that i can't say a bad thing about this trailer. This week it won't get used anymore but i'll see if i can take a pic when i'm going to the dump next week.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Well on the dump trailer my tires usually last for about 20000 miles, but that is with a lot of backing up and steering which makes the tires wear a lot faster. Btw those trailers get towed by a "large" mercedes sprinter van, so of course we can't pull as much as a truck can. I really don't know what type of grass we have over here, since we aren't working with bahia, bermuda,... but over here you have the english lawns (fine soft grass but also a bit fragile), the sport lawns (most popular since they are a bit more resistant but also with a look that is not too rough) and we have some other grass types too (for example: barkoel which is a newly mixed grass species which produces a lot less growth while still having a relatively nice finish, perfect for commercial accounts). If you guys want to know more, feel free to ask
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Here are a few more pics, one of the trailer and a few of the inside of our van so you guys can see how we roll. Please feel free to comment. By the way, i know it's not the cleanest right now but i'm gonna clean it next week :-) And if you want to see more pics feel free to ask.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 06:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's a cool looking trailer. Is it common to stripe lawns in Europe like it is in the northern united states? What kind of work does your company typically do?

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Normally we don't do striping although i really like the way you guys can stripe a lawn. We normally do landscaping maintenance like pruning, hedge trimming, fertilizing, chemical apps, mowing, maintenance of lawns like aerating, overseeding,... You could say we are a general landscaping company.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love the trailer. It looks to be alot better than most of the ones built here. Do the sides fold down and what kind of braking system is on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Member

You can take the side panels of but they can't fold down. The brakes are drum brakes (always on trailerd over here). I've heard you guys use electric brakes but we aren't allowed to do that. When you go over 3,5 tonnes weight you have to use air brakes and you have to have a truck driver's license which is quire expensive and you have limited drive time so this is the best set-up for us for now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Very nice looking setup you have there. I really like the trailer , looks like good quality.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Belgium, is there any chance you could tell us the name of the manufacturer or distributor of those excellent looking trailers?

Much appreciated if that would be possible.

Thanks.