Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for professional advice

I am looking at getting this setup for my power washing venture and was wondering what your guys take is on it and i also have a few questions. I am also trying to work with somewhat of a budget but i will consider reinvesting more capital into a different setup if it is more profitable/reliable/plainbetter in the long run of things. Right now I am looking at purchasing a 4000psi 3.5-4GPM PW'r unit. Looking to spend around 1k tops. My options from "homedepot" are generac 4kpsi 4gpm $899, dewalt 4k psi 3.5gpm $799, dewalt 4k psi 4gpm $999. Are these commercial grade power washers ? Will they last me a long time/ not have to deal with much break downs/reliability AND do a great job (for the $)?
I understand that i will need an X-Jet nozzel? cant seem to find one at homedepot, unless it has a different name? Also looking for a 15ft rubber pickup tube and 100' of water hose and psi hose? The pw'r comes with a 50ft hose, how much for a 100' one? Also a 5gal bucket for bleach. Is there any need to invest in a certain type of wand or use the wand that comes with the power washing unit? Im looking to focus on houses 2 stories tall but i do not want to limit myself if a 3 story house/commercial building comes along. Am i missing anything else in this setup? I have a f250 truck with an 8' bed to truck this thing around. All Advice appreciated and taken into account. How is is this setup/should i get something else?
Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bump. Any advice on how to powerwash old aluminum siding without stripping paint/damaging the house?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

fine setup. pricing is on the internet. they don't sell x-jets at HD. Order from sunbritesupply.com if you can't find one local.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonWin View Post
I am looking at getting this setup for my power washing venture and was wondering what your guys take is on it and i also have a few questions. I am also trying to work with somewhat of a budget but i will consider reinvesting more capital into a different setup if it is more profitable/reliable/plainbetter in the long run of things. Right now I am looking at purchasing a 4000psi 3.5-4GPM PW'r unit. Looking to spend around 1k tops. My options from "homedepot" are generac 4kpsi 4gpm $899, dewalt 4k psi 3.5gpm $799, dewalt 4k psi 4gpm $999. Are these commercial grade power washers ? Will they last me a long time/ not have to deal with much break downs/reliability AND do a great job (for the $)?
I understand that i will need an X-Jet nozzel? cant seem to find one at homedepot, unless it has a different name? Also looking for a 15ft rubber pickup tube and 100' of water hose and psi hose? The pw'r comes with a 50ft hose, how much for a 100' one? Also a 5gal bucket for bleach. Is there any need to invest in a certain type of wand or use the wand that comes with the power washing unit? Im looking to focus on houses 2 stories tall but i do not want to limit myself if a 3 story house/commercial building comes along. Am i missing anything else in this setup? I have a f250 truck with an 8' bed to truck this thing around. All Advice appreciated and taken into account. How is is this setup/should i get something else?
One thing I can tell you is, if you are washing pavement, invest in a surface washer as soon as you can afford one. It will make you about 4x more productive at washing concrete. Next thing you should invest in is a reel and at least 200 ft of pressure hose. You have no idea how much time you will save if you don't have to load and unload your pressure washer, or roll up/roll out your hose by hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

where can i find these reels at and are they mobile or stationary? what cost?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm talking about stationary reels that you mount on the side of a truck, trailer, or whatever. For a reel that will hold 200 ft of 4000 psi hose, and is not garbage, you are probably looking at about $300 for a hand crank, and $500-$600 for an electric reel. That should include all the connections you need to hook it to the pressure cleaner. Sounds like a lot of money, especially when first getting started, but believe me, you will be glad you did. As far as where to get them, I don't know your area, but I can highly recommend Hannay reels. http://www.hannay.com/searchresults.asp# they have a local dealer search tool on their site.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-20-2012, 05:55 AM
LawnSite Member

RonWin,

I am going to guess why there is little posted here... the large majority will spend hours, looking, searching and reading before they ask others to do all the work for them. Just a simple search for pressure washer (parts) will bring up endless results. If you are planning on cleaning siding, there is a better way to get the chems on the house. Plenty of talk here about soft washing. In your area there are most likely places that carry good quality pressure washers that will give you years of service. Try rental centers, paint stores, etc. As for add ons, hoses, reels, etc. you can find that stuff at Nothern Tool if you have one close. Also, Bob at Pressure Tek will take good care of you http://www.pressuretek.com/index.html